Toad ai606

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

samgpr50

Toad ai606

Post by samgpr50 »

Hi everyone,

Not posted for a while but was after some advice please.

I have just fitted this alarm to my car however I can't get the siren to sound. It will lock and unlock the doors and flash the indicators however no sound even when the alarm is going off.

I checked the voltage on the pin connector and when the alarm is activated the voltage drops so I presume that is the trigger. Also I found if I unplug the connector the trigger wire goes from 3v to around 12.

Any ideas? Thanks
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Toad ai606

Post by Peter Gidden »

Bought new or secondhand?
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

Hi it's a new one also tried a replacement siren
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

It's not turned off in the settings is it?
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

Hi it won't sound even when the alarm goes off so I can't imagine it being a setting.
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

When the alarm is triggered it generally a 12v switched live going live to sound the alarm 8-[
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

Thanks for the help guys. Ok so it looks like the trigger wire is not doing as it should. I guess it could be any number of problems since the car I'm installing it into is fairly stripped out right now. I have another car on the way with the same alarm to try and test my siren and to test his in my car. Hopefully one of these will work to narrow it down.

It's just really frustrating as this is holding up my whole build (Will post closer to it being done) and my house is FULL of parts right now =(
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

Contacted Scorpion this morning however they are not interested.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

samgpr50 wrote:Thanks for the help guys. Ok so it looks like the trigger wire is not doing as it should. I guess it could be any number of problems since the car I'm installing it into is fairly stripped out right now. I have another car on the way with the same alarm to try and test my siren and to test his in my car. Hopefully one of these will work to narrow it down.

It's just really frustrating as this is holding up my whole build (Will post closer to it being done) and my house is FULL of parts right now =(

To test the siren on most systems all you need to do is attach it to 12v live and ground, make sure to get the wires the right way round (some times there colored) most the time the ground is attached to the body next to the siren.

Hope its just a dead siren . (or bad earth) :thumleft:
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

Thank you. Tested the siren on another car and it doesn't work so that is bad. Also they rang back and told me I had fitted the colored plugs the wrong way round. I followed the stickers in front of an installer however the stickers had been placed wrong and they are blaming me!!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Aww bad times mate , if you get no joy from them picking up a siren from ebays cheap enough .. at least its just the siren (glass half full n all that)

Kev.

Ps. if it was new and there fault it broke they should be bound by law to send you a replacement.
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

Thanks for all the help. Ok I picked up a whole replacement alarm. Turned out that the bad wiring had blown the brain and the siren. New alarm fitted and working great now thanks. :mrgreen:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

samgpr50 wrote:Thanks for all the help. Ok I picked up a whole replacement alarm. Turned out that the bad wiring had blown the brain and the siren. New alarm fitted and working great now thanks. :mrgreen:

Great stuff , glad your pride and joys protected :thumleft:
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

Shame there isn't much to protect right now :(

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=185110

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”