Rev 2 / Rev 3 igniter cross compatible?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DottySkee

Rev 2 / Rev 3 igniter cross compatible?

Post by DottySkee »

Hi all,

So after a raft of electrical fault, starter not cranking and no CEL, while tracing the faults it seems the rev 3 turbo loom I bought has been hacked to pieces and would be a nightmare to fix, so puting a new loom in.

While doing the rev 3 conversion, I had believed the rev 2 turbo igniter and rev 3 igniter were the same. Is this the case? I have no spark among other faults but could all be linked to the dodgy loom or the igniter may also be faulty. Find out when the loom is swapped.

Can anyone confirm if the rev 2 igniter works with a rev 3 engine? If not, I better get on the hunt for one sharpish.

Cheers
bobhatton

Re: Rev 2 / Rev 3 igniter cross compatible?

Post by bobhatton »

DottySkee wrote:Hi all,

So after a raft of electrical fault, starter not cranking and no CEL, while tracing the faults it seems the rev 3 turbo loom I bought has been hacked to pieces and would be a nightmare to fix, so puting a new loom in.

While doing the rev 3 conversion, I had believed the rev 2 turbo igniter and rev 3 igniter were the same. Is this the case? I have no spark among other faults but could all be linked to the dodgy loom or the igniter may also be faulty. Find out when the loom is swapped.

Can anyone confirm if the rev 2 igniter works with a rev 3 engine? If not, I better get on the hunt for one sharpish.

Cheers

I am sure the plugs are not the same between the two so only the correct one should be fitted.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

bobhatton wrote:
DottySkee wrote:Hi all,

Cheers

I am sure the plugs are not the same between the two so only the correct one should be fitted.

+1
DottySkee

Post by DottySkee »

Excellent, thanks for the quick response guys. Best get trawling through the parts for sale then

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”