mr2 autotrader prices?!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bricknall

mr2 autotrader prices?!

Post by Bricknall »

Anyone know if people are getting any where near their asking prices for mr2s? Seem a bit high, especially n/a examples. I only ask as i think the time to get rid of mine is fast approaching as i need the cash for a camper, which would see a lot more use, and make my g/f happier :lol:
If these are prices that people are getting i should be in for a treat when i come to sell mine especially with things like a reconditioned gearbox, 6 puck clutch and full respray...
Like i say, it would be nice to know what prices people are actually getting for their 2's as opposed to what people want for em.
acf8181

Re: mr2 autotrader prices?!

Post by acf8181 »

Firstly....DON'T DO IT!!!

Yeah, they seem all over the places, i find it hard to believe anyone is paying £3k for rev2 n/a's.

Classifieds on here and ebay give a bit more idea of what they actual sell with i'd have thought. Pistonheads is another place to look at.
Jam

Post by Jam »

You'd get a more accurate view by looking at completed listings on Ebay etc.

Some of the prices for cars on Auto Trader are mad, lot of the time people end up accepting an offer far below the high asking price.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Ebays a great site to watch to find out what people will pay ... always my first port of call :thumleft:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

A lot of the autotrader prices are dealers / traders, and the prices are artificially high.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I always find personally eBay are the low ball prices - there's a lot more risk involved and people tend to be more cautious when bidding - especially as often you're buying without viewing.

Autotrader has always sold for me and i always get within 5% of asking price.

Owners clubs sway 1 way or the other ... either waaaay too high, or view adtertised ones and say theyre worth peanuts.

Saying that, prices advertised here seem quite accurate and fair compared to other forums etc. The main selling factors with the '2 will now be condition, and rot. If you have 0 rot and a respray i'd command a fair price.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Theres a turbo on the autotrader for 4300 with lots of rust on sills and arches. Crazy price.
uglee

Post by uglee »

It's not always the case but a higher price can reflect a better condition car.

If I wanted a solid car then I'd be happier paying a premium than pay for the hassle and unknowns of having someone return it to decent condition. Even doing most stuff yourself costs can get rather high.

It wouldn't be money lost either as long as its kept in good condition.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”