Heater controls

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

samgpr50

Heater controls

Post by samgpr50 »

Hi everyone,

Quick question. Are the main boards in the aircon and none aircon heater controls the same? The board in mine has gone but I have been offered a none aircon one for free. Thanks.

Sam
shinny

Re: Heater controls

Post by shinny »

samgpr50 wrote:Hi everyone,

Quick question. Are the main boards in the aircon and none aircon heater controls the same? The board in mine has gone but I have been offered a none aircon one for free. Thanks.

Sam

The aircon buttons are completely separate to the main board, so that's not a problem.

However there are differences between the climate-control version (JDM) and non-climate-control (UK). You could convert one to the other by swapping the fan speed switch and converting between the mechanical and electronic temperature controls.
samgpr50

Re: Heater controls

Post by samgpr50 »

shinny wrote:
samgpr50 wrote:Hi everyone,

Sam

The aircon buttons are completely separate to the main board, so that's not a problem.

However there are differences between the climate-control version (JDM) and non-climate-control (UK). You could convert one to the other by swapping the fan speed switch and converting between the mechanical and electronic temperature controls.

That's perfect. It's only the board in the main unit for switching where the air comes from that is bad. Hopefully I will be able to swap bits out. Thank you.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”