3SFE upgraded to 3SGTE

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MrSpleen

Re: 3SFE upgraded to 3SGTE

Post by MrSpleen »

Wifes MR2 Coupe

My MR2 GT Turbo

My Old Camaro

My old Jag

Hill clime Mini just before being taken for MOT so had to put some road wheels on which made it interesting to drive especially as it had almost 200hp

Ford GT40 nice to be able to say I worked on this :)

TR4 repaired oil leek

Porsche Boxster S that I worked on and was pit crewing for at Brands Hatch.

I've also done work on Austin Healey 100/4 and am about to finish off an Austin Healey Sprite both being done for historic racing class and both were full strip down and ground up rebuilds. I'll post pics once its finished in about 6 months.
Last edited by MrSpleen on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MrSpleen

Post by MrSpleen »

yay it worked had to enable bbcode

Thanks Ashley and Pistol Pete
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

:thumleft:

like the camaro..

curretly rebuilding the wifes 1000cc auto mini..
now has a 1275GT manual and being de rusted
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Really interested in the mini .. how did they squeeze 200hp under the bonnet ... bet it was a hoot to drive :D

Specs ? Any engine bay pics ?

Kev.
Last edited by 2mad on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Does the mini say John Cleland on the door?
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

MrSpleen wrote:Well on the plus side its getting my posts up whether you lot believe me or not that's fine and if you read all my posts I haven't asked how to do it the closest I have come was asking if I would need to upgrade any components on a head swap and it was more rhetorical.

Ashley I'm glad to hear some useful comments from you at least, this is the first I've heard about the block being substantially heavier on the 503e/ 3SGT and it may explain why so many people here are saying its not possible in which case I may have to stick with standard bore but may be worth doing some measuring once I get engine apart, as for the turbo I'm looking at GT3582 once engine is built and it should fit nicely with around 20-25lbs of boost, as for the current setup fuel rails, injectors, intercooler, dump valve, waste gate, ecu and intake have all been uprated already so its engine internals and turbo that needs doing next and I'd rather sort internals before changing turbo. I will probably change the inlet manifold as the non turbo manifold actually has better airflow and doesn't make the engine run lean on cylinder 3 and will give better performance.

To those who don't want to continue reading bye o/
[/u]

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... link=false

google image search ftw
2mad

Post by 2mad »

MrSpleen wrote:because I build race cars at weekend and I have most of the parts.

Still in for pics .. want to see what work you have done on race cars .

What did you do to the gt40 that looks =P~
2mad

Post by 2mad »

PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

I really must update the website soon, those build pics are donkeys old, completed hundreds since then!
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

PW@Woodsport wrote:I really must update the website soon, those build pics are donkeys old, completed hundreds since then!

It mentions a supercharged 2GR "coming soon" on your website, have you completed one? 8)
No 2 :(
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

I built/own the only supercharged 2gr mk1 in the world, so yep :)

We have a plug and play 2gr supercharger kit coming out this year along with AEM ECU package.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

PW@Woodsport wrote:I really must update the website soon, those build pics are donkeys old, completed hundreds since then!

Love your work Paul .. cant wait to see some new stuff :D especially the supercharged 2gr mk1 progress pics :mrgreen:

Kev.
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

PW@Woodsport wrote:I built/own the only supercharged 2gr mk1 in the world, so yep :)

I thought you sold it already...?
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Provisionally Gav, it should be going in the next month.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

PW@Woodsport wrote:I built/own the only supercharged 2gr mk1 in the world, so yep :)

We have a plug and play 2gr supercharger kit coming out this year along with AEM ECU package.

Nice, so there's no supercharged 2GR in a mark 2 yet? :thumleft:
No 2 :(
MrSpleen

Post by MrSpleen »

Rob85 wrote:
MrSpleen wrote:Well on the plus side its getting my posts up whether you lot believe me or not that's fine and if you read all my posts I haven't asked how to do it the closest I have come was asking if I would need to upgrade any components on a head swap and it was more rhetorical.

Ashley I'm glad to hear some useful comments from you at least, this is the first I've heard about the block being substantially heavier on the 503e/ 3SGT and it may explain why so many people here are saying its not possible in which case I may have to stick with standard bore but may be worth doing some measuring once I get engine apart, as for the turbo I'm looking at GT3582 once engine is built and it should fit nicely with around 20-25lbs of boost, as for the current setup fuel rails, injectors, intercooler, dump valve, waste gate, ecu and intake have all been uprated already so its engine internals and turbo that needs doing next and I'd rather sort internals before changing turbo. I will probably change the inlet manifold as the non turbo manifold actually has better airflow and doesn't make the engine run lean on cylinder 3 and will give better performance.

To those who don't want to continue reading bye o/
[/u]

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://url.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-west-1 ... 5890-5.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://url.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-west-1 ... 5890-4.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... link=false

google image search ftw

Yes that's my car Rob bought it a few months ago so I may have to give him a call to get it removed so thanks for posting like I said a lot of work already done on it. But did need some bits sorting and still needs some others doing too, where's best place to get a seal kit for Tien dampers any idea?

Sorry I haven't really taken any photos because I just do it as a hobby helping out friends and yes it does say John Cleland on the door and I didn't build the engine in the mini just set up chassis and electrics the engine was already in it, yes it was a crazy drive esp on those tyres trying to wheel spin in top gear and not wanting to run at low revs, the engine is 1475cc overbore with twin webbers and alot of other components including full race gearbox with straight cut gears so loud as hell too.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”