Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stuMR2lee

1993 Rev2 MR2 MK2 NA - White - Exceptional Condition

Post by stuMR2lee »

Photos: http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/sbl10 ... 20MR2%20NA

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1da9D4h ... e=youtu.be

Very nice original condition Toyota MR2 MK2 Rev2 August 1993 UK NA

12 Months MOT.

Drives very well with no nasty knocks or rattles. Tested it out on a 60 mile round trip to the MOT station. Only advisory was a slight blow in the exhaust.

Leather Seats have no nasty rips and are in very good condition. Interior fittings, carpets, etc. in exceptional condition. Look almost brand new.

Hard to describe but this car feels like quality. Shut lines are perfect. Doors, windows. frunk, boot, engine lid, etc. feel as good as a brand new car. As much as I like our Rev2 Turbo the condition of this NA is a million miles away.

Premium Sound System – fully working. Aerial does need replacing though.

Original Head Unit included. JVC Head Unit with ‘Aux in’ fitted.

Clifford Alarm System. Auto Locking, Remote Central Locking, Auto Window Up feature.

T-Bar Covers & Storage Bags.

Original Factory Floor Mats.

Original paintwork also in exceptional condition for a 21 year old car. Hardly a mark on it. One of the best condition Rev2’s I have ever seen. This car would make a great future classic if kept in original condition. Alternatively it would make a very solid base for modification.

Sills rust free. Foam removed from behind side panels as a precaution.

99,283 Miles - very hard to believe given the overall condition.

Cambelt changed at 59,000 Miles.

Oil looks recently changed – nice golden clean colour.

Tyres have plenty of tread but are fairly old.

Unfortunately the paperwork has gone missing so I have no idea on history. Judging by how clean the car is it has clearly been looked after and probably garaged for most of it’s life.

Full original tool kit including unused Jack, spanners, pliers, etc. Very rare to see.

Well worth coming to view if you want an honest, original, and solid MR2

I would love to keep this car but the wife says we have too many with 2 other MR2 Turbos and a Celica so it’s got to go.

Please have a look at the video and photos. This car would make a great first MR2. It would also be perfect for a Turbo or V6 conversion.

Looking for £1,495 but open to sensible offers.
stuMR2lee

Re: [FINALIZED] 1993 Rev2 MR2 MK2 NA - White - Exceptional Condition

Post by stuMR2lee »

Just to answer some questions I've been getting. I was originally looking to buy a parts car/breaker for other projects when I spotted this car with a dealer at a good price when it had no MOT. Totally original condition with no modifications other than the alarm/remote central locking. Unfortunately either the previous owner or dealer had lost the paperwork which is a shame. However just by looking at this car you can see it's been well looked after.

It was owned by the previous owner for 15 years, has been off the road for the past few years, but clearly garaged for some considerable time judging by the condition.

After a bit of a clean, all I had to do was refurbish the front calipers with replacement pistons and a refurb kit. All sliders were working perfectly. I also replaced the non-working oem head unit.

The car now has a full MOT and was a pleasure to drive to the test centre and back. Plenty of power and very smooth and quiet all round. Looking around, sitting in, and driving this car you would not believe it's 21 years old (Aug'93). Must be one of the last Rev2's.

Happy to look at offers. This car is far and above most Rev2's about. It looks over priced compared to other Rev2s but IMHO price is condition dependent. Many cars in this price bracket need a lot of bodywork/respray. This doesn't.
_Al_

Post by _Al_ »

I was over at Stu's today collecting a set of alloys and took a look at this car. Frankly he's under-selling it.. The condition of the car is stunning.

I've literally never seen one better. Even the bolts holding the wheel arch liners are still clean & shiny. It's incredible.

If anyone is looking for a well-preserved MR2 which will give them no trouble for a very long time then I'd strongly recommend this.
stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

Thanks Al. Much appreciated. I know you've been around MR2's for some considerable time so it means a lot that you also think this is a pretty good car. The problem is the good ones get lumped in with the bad ones when it comes to pricing. The immaculate unused full tool kit still amazes me.

I just want the car to go to a good home and be appreciated. It's been off the public roads for a few years but doesn't look or drive like it at all. Someone has clearly been looking after it.
_Al_

Post by _Al_ »

Indeed!

As you know I grabbed my current car the day I saw it as it was just too clean to pass up. Everything about the way it drove was more fresh, more composed than any of my previous 2s or the masses of them that I've driven at meets or test driven from potential sellers. Every control was cleaner and sweeter in it's operation. It seemed to glide over the road and really bit hard in the corners. I was utterly thrilled with it......

But yours makes it look like a shed!
stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

With a boring wet Bank Holiday I thought I'd get the car into the garage for a bit more cleaning.

sheep

Post by sheep »

such a nice looking example, just need to sell my coupe then if still around will be coming to look at this.
_Al_

Post by _Al_ »

I don't see an ad for your coupe....? :-k
_Al_

Post by _Al_ »

Ah, thought you meant a tin top MR2..
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Very interested.

Although I doubt it, and with respect, how solid is this shell?

Any rust or bubbles at all?

Had any plates welded or any welding at all?

Whereabouts are tou?

Chris.
stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

Hi Chris,

The car is located near Colchester (Essex).

The shell is actually very solid. No welding or repairs that I can see. I would say the paintwork is 100% original. Body is straight down both sides.

I have removed the foam in the sides where the sills usually go and it was pretty clean and solid.

I noticed a very small dent at the bottom of the drivers door and a small bit of rust that's been treated/touched up around the front of the T-Bar. Very minor issues.

Underneath everything looks dry. There is a bit of surface rust on suspension components, to be expected, but that's easily treatable with a wire brush and some converter/paint. All under trays are present. No rust bubbles on the bodywork. The spoiler/side pods have the usual strange MR2 bubbling but obviously not rust. They all seem (rev1&2) to have that though.

Obviously it's a 21 year old car so it's never going to be perfect/showroom condition at that price! Good luck finding that for this sort of money. However, everyone who has seen this car remarks on how fantastically clean it is for an MR2 this age. I have left the car standing for several weeks at a time and it always starts first time.

I have seen a lot of MR2 MK2's and I have never seen one in this good a condition that has not been repainted. I'm just convinced it's been garaged for a substantial part of its life.
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

I'm going to try and get down to see this this week.

Id want to do a compression test if that's ok?

Chris.
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Do you have any pics of the interior?

[email protected]

Sorry to be a pain.
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Can you call me please mate to arrange to see the car?

07401-278-087.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was BALDYMONSTER

Return to “MR2s for Sale”