Good mapping place link ecu

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

samgpr50

Good mapping place link ecu

Post by samgpr50 »

Hi everyone,

I think my car needs mapping the idle is high and I think it is over fueling on wot causing a misfire. All I can smell going along is fuel (no leak). The car is a beams turbo. Thanks.

Sam
2mad

Re: Good mapping place link ecu

Post by 2mad »

Draven

Post by Draven »

Poker Face

Post by Poker Face »

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/index.php?cPath=624
Hopefully not too far away, about 40-50 mins depending on traffic.
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

Thanks guys. I think it was done by 2bar last time Ryan isn't it? On Thors dyno. I don't think he touches Link anymore =(. Really need to ring Patrick when I get chance to try and sor out

2mad

Post by 2mad »

samgpr50 wrote:Thanks guys. I think it was done by 2bar last time Ryan isn't it? On Thors dyno. I don't think he touches Link anymore =(. Really need to ring Patrick when I get chance to try and sor out

Shame about thor thought they still mappped link ecu's and quite close to you (ish), if you can make it to ryan at 2bar, he really does seem to have the magic touch when it comes to mapping :D
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

2mad wrote:
samgpr50 wrote:Thanks guys. I think it was done by 2bar last time Ryan isn't it? On Thors dyno. I don't think he touches Link anymore =(. Really need to ring Patrick when I get chance to try and sor out

Shame about thor thought they still mappped link ecu's and quite close to you (ish), if you can make it to ryan at 2bar, he really does seem to have the magic touch when it comes to mapping :D

I emailed them the other day about a Link G4 for mine. They can supply, fit and map one for me so they still do Link :thumleft:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
2mad

Post by 2mad »

simba90 wrote:
2mad wrote:

I emailed them the other day about a Link G4 for mine. They can supply, fit and map one for me so they still do Link :thumleft:

That is good news :thumleft: looking forward to seeing what numbers you get :D
If you get a chance bring this thead back from the dead and post them up.
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

simba90 wrote:
2mad wrote:

I would keep clear of Thor, they fitted a link to a friends car and he never made it home before the engine blow up, replaced engine, went back to them and the second engine did the same.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

bobhatton wrote:
simba90 wrote:
2mad wrote:

I would keep clear of Thor, they fitted a link to a friends car and he never made it home before the engine blow up, replaced engine, went back to them and the second engine did the same.

I have heard of similar things from Thor also... Which is a shame
2mad

Post by 2mad »

GeorgeL wrote:
bobhatton wrote:
simba90 wrote:

I have heard of similar things from Thor also... Which is a shame

Ryan at 2bar it is then :wink:
Poker Face

Post by Poker Face »

Some good results from 2bar so I'm kind of wondering if they mapped your car first time round why you needed to ask the question? It's obviously not a distance issue , why not just pick up the phone and ask if they still map link ecu's next time?

Maybe it's just me but I can tell you who where and when my car was mapped and I keep my plots. Personally I wouldn't travel as far but if he's that good then for you it's worth the extra miles.
dai21t

Post by dai21t »

http://www.indigo-gt.com/

had mine done recently at indigo gt in tredegar. I tried getting ryan to map the link ecu I have fitted (which I also bought from him) but he just said he doesnt work on those ecus anymore.

contact number for indigo gt is 01495 719720

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”