Very Cheap Rev 2 Tubby - Mechanically and Structurally Sound - needs paint job

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

humdigadi

Very Cheap Rev 2 Tubby - Mechanically and Structurally Sound - needs paint job

Post by humdigadi »

This is a long story but this car is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants a project, especially if you fancy doing some paintwork because that is all it needs. I had started to write a long narrative telling the story of this car but if you're interested just ask! There are loads of photos in the links below, including servicing etc.

In terms of price, I would like £1k for the car including all the extra bits I've accumulated over the last year.

1992 K Registration Rev 2 Tubby in Grey (ish)
12 months MOT (done today)
No tax
202640 kms
Fully serviced including cam belt within last 5k miles
Only mod is a K&N induction kit (but only because of the cheap one that was on before)
The front calipers were refurbed last June by Bigg Red and new discs and pads were fitted when I put them back on (done less than 10 miles).

Mods available:
Stef Derner delimter
Air con radiator
Stock airbox (x 2)
Polybushed suspension arms and ARBs
Brake reinforcement plates

Any inspection welcome, I've got ramps that you can use. Please note that the stains on my drive are caused by that ridiculous Audi parked on the road in the photos, not from the MR2. But I'm afraid I've fell in love with V8s now.

As found condition
http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/TeamG ... As%20found

Event
http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/TeamG ... he%20event

Parts Available
http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/TeamG ... s%20bought

Documents
http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/TeamG ... /Documents

Today photos
http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/TeamG ... 20is%20now
Last edited by humdigadi on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
puku

Re: Very Cheap Rev 2 Tubby - Mechanically and Structurally Sound - needs paint job

Post by puku »

Hi,

What is the yellow thing on the front? Removeable? Thanks
humdigadi

Re: Very Cheap Rev 2 Tubby - Mechanically and Structurally Sound - needs paint job

Post by humdigadi »

Hi Puku,

The yellow stuff on the front is vinyl wrap so can be removed but the bumper underneath could do with replacing or repairing. It has a split in it that's about 2" long on the top. I can get more detailed photos if it helps.

There is currently a similar car being stripped in Bradford and they asked for £40 for the bumper.

Hope this helps,

Matt
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

humdigadi wrote:Hi Puku,

There is currently a similar car being stripped in Bradford and they asked for £40 for the bumper.

That will be mine :mrgreen: :thumleft: Here if you need it.
humdigadi

Post by humdigadi »

Very kind of you you to offer support!

If it doesn't sell I may well be in touch. The only problem is with that bloody Audi it will cost me about £50 to get there and back! I filled it up on Thursday and it cost £115 :shock:
I really need my head examined!
puku

Post by puku »

sounds nice... i check some money :D
humdigadi

Post by humdigadi »

Puku,

Please feel free to come and have a look around it with no obligation. Just let me know.

Matt
puku

Post by puku »

You see any rust? Door, sills, archer? If i come - i ll take it...
humdigadi

Post by humdigadi »

I don't see any but I'm really not an expert. However, I will quote Brian from Powerhouse last year, he said "I've never seen one so solid at this age." Which is what made me spend money on it in the first place.

As I said though, come and have a look. If you come and don't like it it will only help me and others in terms of your assessment.

I will leave it up to you. If you'd like to talk about it, PM me your number and I'll call you tomorrow.

Matt
puku

Post by puku »

Hi matt,

You got pm :)
humdigadi

Post by humdigadi »

Puku, nothing has come through my end I'm afraid.
puku

Post by puku »

Now... :)
humdigadi

Post by humdigadi »

Pm replied to, videos taken, waiting for the Whatsapp message!!

Return to “MR2s for Sale”