MK2 T-BAR Rev 3

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Libertine

MK2 T-BAR Rev 3

Post by Libertine »

I bought this car in march after searching for 2-3 months for the right car.. I wanted completely stock so I knew it hadn't been messed with.. I Bought the car from a retired R.E teacher who had it from new.. 59,000 miles on the clock.. Today its finished.

Exterior :

Crystal Sidelights
Toms Sideskirts
Bomex Spats
Desmond Wise Sports 17" Wheels
Gold D1 Racing Spec Wheel Nuts

Interior :

Momo GTR2 Wheel
Momo GTR2 Gear Knob
Momo GTR2 Pedals
Pioneer App Radio Touch screen MP3 Player

Photos :

Image[/img]

:thumleft:
Last edited by Libertine on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Donato

Re: MK2 T-BAR Rev 3

Post by Donato »

That does look nice. What are the plans now then? I'd be tempted to just enjoy it.

My MR2 to-do-list just seems to never end. It's good to see someone who's happy with a finished project though!
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

Its very easy to always want to go one step further.. But as for image wise.. the car is complete for me.. it has everything I ever wanted and more.

If I was being picky.. I'D love some Recaro speed seats in there.. I'm thinking of putting a Red sparco harness in too.. I've hummed over a TRD Spoiler but I quite like the stealthy look of the rev 3 spoiler..

I'd like to eventually get coilovers on it, and maybe give the engine bay some detailing.. but other then that.. I'm done :)
Donato

Post by Donato »

Sounds like you've just added on to your to-do-list :lol:
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

The seats are in more or less perfect condition as they are.. but I do love that 90s Arcade Jap feel you get with the recaro's .. The problem is i'd have to put in around £2000 for the other things I want.. and to be honest.. I'm really happy with how it is.. so unless I get a huge tear in the seats or the spoiler somehow flies off in the night, or my suspension ends up rusting to nothing - That is when the next stage will continue.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

this has to be one of the nicest mr2s on here, i love the look of it, and those wheels!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

good job matey!!! (good job to James too)
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

Nice looking motor those wheels look awesome =P~
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

That is a lovely looking car fella :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Looks smart! :thumleft:
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

Thanks alot guys.. I really appreciate it.. It's been alot of hard work and effort :)
DanT

Post by DanT »

i really like this! top job
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

Some Interior Photos

Toyota Branded Car Mats
Toyota Harness Shoulder Pads
MOMO GTR2 Steering Wheel
MOMO GTR2 Pedals
MOMO GTR2 Gear Knob

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Very nice car the interior looks spot on too.
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

Work on the engine bay has started :)

Rear cusco brace installed
Huge clean up with my other halfs kitchen cloths

Next up - change the hoses to red hoses!

As for the car itself.. The wheels have been sold to a member on here - Rob85 for his white import.. I'm currently trawling the web to find some 17" work equip and pestering a member on here for his :whistle:

I'll continue to post wanted ads until somebody can provide my mr2 with the shoes it deserves!
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

Update :

I have finally managed to source some Work Equip from a fellow member on the forum , they will be going in for a refurb soon, so they look like this :

I have also ordered some D1 spec wheel nuts which are on their way and last of all - I have done a little bit more detailing on the engine bay.

I bought a new engine badge from Lee Clarke https://www.facebook.com/slickerstickers8?fref=ts who make ANY stickers / badges / center caps etc )

I have also added some red hoses to bring it a bit more to life. although I still feel like something is missing .. maybe a chrome fuse box or lid where the air filter goes ?

Lee8ballauto

Post by Lee8ballauto »

Clean looking engine anyway!
ads

Post by ads »

Great car, really well done :D

Those new wheels will look spot on

Personally I would stay away from installing harnesses, yes they look good and are safe in a crash, but looked into it myself and the consensus on several forums is that they create a problem with not being able to lean forwards enough to see coming out of junctions etc

My 2 came with 4 point harness mounts as it's probably an ex Gymkhana car so it's tempting but I'm still steering clear - sorry if I'm going on a bit here but you wouldn't want to get hit side on
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

I decided against the harness a few months ago.. if I was to do anything else.. it would be re-leather the seats or get some recaro speed s seats in there
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

Been a while since I updated here.. Things have moved along slowly, but nicely..

I sold my desmond wise sports to Rob85 On the forum, and with the money managed to get my hands on some 17" Work Equip from David123.

Money crossed hands via a 3 way deal ( david bought some volks, in order to free up his equips ), and I landed the wheels I'd been chasing for the past year. I Immediately sent the wheels for refurb and they have been sitting in the house for the past 3 months waiting for the weather to improve.. I managed to get them on the car today, I think a 3mm spacer on the rear will just finish it off nicely.

I'm hoping to buy some spare wheels for winter, from a l1ca on the forum.. However the car needs some attention.. A small bit of bodywork needs to be fixed, The car could do with an underseal and I'm also toying with the idea of getting it sitting on some coilovers ( if I can find any for the right price ) :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Car looks great with the Equips on. :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”