mr2 beams?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

adam1991

Re: mr2 beams?

Post by adam1991 »

gullzter don't worry about It the more knowledge the better :mrgreen:
humdigadi

Post by humdigadi »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
Marf wrote:Maintained correctly these cars are neither fragile nor prone to breakdowns.

Bingo.

Craig drove 1800 miles across Europe last year without a single problem. And he'll be doing same again this year.

But don't be scared of getting a shed either though. My tubby was an absolute nail when I bought it for £500 but after spending a bit of time, effort and money on it, I drove 2,300 miles across Europe last year and it never missed a beat. I when I say drove, I mean thrashed the living daylights out of it! We used about £550 of fuel but that was mainly at motorway prices. It was better than expected.

As a daily driver, my commute to work is 100 miles each way (stay away during the week though), 99% motorway and taking it steady I could stretch 3 trips out of a tankful.

Hope this helps, Matt.
psummers

Post by psummers »

Gullzter wrote:Sorry i know im jacking your thread a bit dude, but while on the subject..
How is the mileage and mpg input to the app, is it manual or hooked up through some software on the car?

It's put in manually.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Gullz, I use road trip too, it's really worth having. It falls down if you forget to log a tank though. You put in your odometer reading every time plus litres and £/l, so if you forget to fill it in once or twice you have to try to remember how many litres you used last time and add that as well - basically, don't forget!

It's a good app and cheap.
RST

Post by RST »

If you can find a BEAMS car go for it! The gas mileage with my gen 4 engine was similar to my previous gen 2 N/A. Even when it was tuned up the miles per full tank never really went down. My gen 3 tubby wasn't quite as good, less than 300 miles per tank usually. I'm not sure whether GT4's have a bigger tank (don't remember fuel ups costing much different) Had 2 ST205's and they used to get me 400miles plus per fuel-up!

(never calculated actual mpg though -I just go on how many miles I get between fuel-ups as I usually only go empty>full)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”