M20 OMG

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

slipping clutch

M20 OMG

Post by slipping clutch »

http://thesupercarkids.com/so-its-your-first-track-day/
Found this when I was looking for track days - if its some one on here nice write up :thumleft:
Donato

Re: M20 OMG

Post by Donato »

I believe he's the author. But he's also on here, rarely.

He's now bought a Clio Sport!
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

He's a nice chap, sold him some rev2 wheels last year talked quite a bit about track days then..
slipping clutch

Its good to know the chaps still doing track days all be it an a French car and good to know hes a decent fellow as well. I enjoyed reading the article.
synXero

Post by synXero »

I want to get on track ASAP after reading that :lol:
slipping clutch

synXero wrote:I want to get on track ASAP after reading that :lol:

I know exactly what you mean - what doesn't help is that I keep reading Pistol Pete's mk3 track car thread as well.
LukeSi

Post by LukeSi »

Guilty as charged. Cheers for the kind words chaps. I'm currently in the process of stripping it out and hopefully in a year or two am going to start competing in hill climbs with it.

Got the Clio due to the MR2 having some mechanical issues (knackered synchro on 3rd and possible suspension damage from a little, ehem incident I had). I'd definitely recommend getting on track if you can justify it.

I've got a TD at Silverstone in the Clio on the 26th March. Most of the time however I get my fix in a much cheaper way. A couple of my mates run track days at Curborough Sprint Course in Lichfield, £60 for unlimited timed runs and only one car on track at a time.

https://www.facebook.com/SprintAndTrackday

Its a shame the 2' is currently off the road, its done me proud since I bought it last January. Hopefully, depending on my financial circumstances it shouldn't be laid up for too much longer.
Howling_Mad

Post by Howling_Mad »

LukeSi wrote:Guilty as charged. Cheers for the kind words chaps. I'm currently in the process of stripping it out and hopefully in a year or two am going to start competing in hill climbs with it.

Got the Clio due to the MR2 having some mechanical issues (knackered synchro on 3rd and possible suspension damage from a little, ehem incident I had). I'd definitely recommend getting on track if you can justify it.

I've got a TD at Silverstone in the Clio on the 26th March. Most of the time however I get my fix in a much cheaper way. A couple of my mates run track days at Curborough Sprint Course in Lichfield, £60 for unlimited timed runs and only one car on track at a time.

Its a shame the 2' is currently off the road, its done me proud since I bought it last January. Hopefully, depending on my financial circumstances it shouldn't be laid up for too much longer.

PM on it's way :thumleft:

HM
slipping clutch

LukeSi wrote:Guilty as charged. Cheers for the kind words chaps. I'm currently in the process of stripping it out and hopefully in a year or two am going to start competing in hill climbs with it.

Hope to see you back in your 2 soon. And great article - I seriously want to do some more track work having read it.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Nice little write-up there :thumleft:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
JD

Post by JD »

Would go well with K20 OMFG (turbo VX220, honda engine?) that was out on Saturday.

Return to “Spotted”