enjoying the car again

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

enjoying the car again

Post by Ryan S »

having been forced off the bike due to really bad frost every morning i've had to start using the car full time, the things i forgot the car had: a heater, man am i enjoying the heater!!!!, a stereo, i have bluetooth speakers in my helmet when on the bike however, i have massive subs in the car, Window wipers, i certainly don't have those when on the bike!!

anyway, really loving the Mr2 at the moment, forgot how insane the induction noise is, so much so that i couldn't resist taking a wee video this morning,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2VLj8Kh ... e=youtu.be

the lighting is poor but it captures the sound fairly well. (the rattling noise is stuff i left in the top cubby, directly where i sat my phone, ](*,) )
pistol pete

Re: enjoying the car again

Post by pistol pete »

I need to do a little vid like that of mine

I took it out yesterday for first time I couple of weeks
Forgot how stupid fast it was
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

pistol pete wrote:I need to do a little vid like that of mine

I took it out yesterday for first time I couple of weeks
Forgot how stupid fast it was

same here Pete, the way it pulls in 3rd is just immense!!
stephenj

Post by stephenj »

Are you running a standard BOV sheppy?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

stephenj wrote:Are you running a standard BOV sheppy?

hks copy mate :thumleft:

same as the one T.F.S sells.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Your car sounds superb man.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

synXero wrote:Your car sounds superb man.

turbo sounds bonkers eh??

i'm not overly keen on the exhaust, i love the twin exits though, ideally, i'd like one that looks like mine but sounds like an apexi N1, i think berk tech one is about the closest i can find so i'll deffo be purchasing one soon :D
killa_uk

Post by killa_uk »

Sounds good the more I watch the video the more I want to keep mine
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

killa_uk wrote:Sounds good the more I watch the video the more I want to keep mine

i had mine for sale for ages mate, couldn't even get £2300 for it, so after (just out of curiosity) obtaining some stupidly low insurance quotes, i decided to keep it, i didn't wan't to give it away and i know i'll just end up wanting another a few months down the line, this is my 4th, it's moddeed exactly how i want, it's the exact spec i want and in one of my fave colours, having had a proper think about it, it would be madness to sell it, another thing that swayed it for me was, i was at a classic car show with my dad and brother, i was looking at all these classic cars thinking, i'd love to get a tr6 or something, then i thought about the lack of power etc....then it dawned on me, the mk2 IS classic now!!
synXero

Post by synXero »

sheppy wrote:
killa_uk wrote:Sounds good the more I watch the video the more I want to keep mine

i had mine for sale for ages mate, couldn't even get £2300 for it, so after (just out of curiosity) obtaining some stupidly low insurance quotes, i decided to keep it, i didn't wan't to give it away and i know i'll just end up wanting another a few months down the line, this is my 4th, it's moddeed exactly how i want, it's the exact spec i want and in one of my fave colours, having had a proper think about it, it would be madness to sell it, another thing that swayed it for me was, i was at a classic car show with my dad and brother, i was looking at all these classic cars thinking, i'd love to get a tr6 or something, then i thought about the lack of power etc....then it dawned on me, the mk2 IS classic now!!

To be honest - if you have the space (and it sounds like you do) why not just keep it anyway. They aren't worth much just now, and they are insanely good cars for the money you pay for them just now. I honestly hope they can't depreciate any more than they have already, and maybe it'll start to turn up (like the MK1s) when they become rarer, and more iconic.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

they can't possibly depreciate any more, not the turbos (or beams i'd have thought) anyway, they have to be at the lowest prices they've ever been now, it's such a shame :( although, i've always been of the mindset that a car isn't an investment, it's to drive and have fun (or whatever purpose the vehicle is for) so deprecation only matters is you're selling it,

luckily, i do have the space for it, i have space for at least another 20 cars at my carwash. i'm deffo going to keep hold of it, why should i practically give it away?? it was a good price at £2300 but in my eyes worth far more than that!!
synXero

Post by synXero »

Fancy keeping hold of a Beams for me? :lol: :lol:

It's nothing to do with me but I am glad you're keeping it and enjoying it again :thumleft:
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

who said the ASBOv was dead? Cant beat it really the induction noise just behind your head. That feel of torque and power, and then you hit boost. Pttssh.

Lets me overlook the frozen shut doors, leaky tbar and mass condensation inside my windscreen in the cold..
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nickg07 wrote:who said the ASBOv was dead? Cant beat it really the induction noise just behind your head. That feel of torque and power, and then you hit boost. Pttssh.

Lets me overlook the frozen shut doors, leaky tbar and mass condensation inside my windscreen in the cold..

haha, i've been pretty lucky with this one, condensation hasn't been too much of an issue and it doesn't leak at all (if you put the windows up THEN close the doors)

just to add to my original post, this is only about half throttle and nowhere near full boost, when it's at full boost, the turbo whistle is too high pitched to hear :D i've found (for the sake of the video and making it sound noisey) that half throttle is where the nicest sound is :D
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

synXero wrote:Fancy keeping hold of a Beams for me? :lol: :lol:

It's nothing to do with me but I am glad you're keeping it and enjoying it again :thumleft:

you're more than welcome to leave it at my place if you need the space mate :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

That's kind of you, but I wouldn't want to dump the responsibility on you + it will run out of tax at end of December. Hopefully she's off to Engerland this month anyway.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

synXero wrote:That's kind of you, but I wouldn't want to dump the responsibility on you + it will run out of tax at end of December. Hopefully she's off to Engerland this month anyway.

nice!!! well the offer still stands if you find yourself stuck mate :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Dunno whats wrong with me today, just came out of tesco, walking towards the car (i was miles away from it) thinking, wow, it's so pretty :) i reckon had i sold my mr2 when it was for sale, it'd be around now i'd be hunting for another!
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Nice video :thumleft:

It's a addictive noise they make, only had mine on the road for about 2months and still have not switched the stereo on yet.....
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

philmr2 wrote:Nice video :thumleft:

It's a addictive noise they make, only had mine on the road for about 2months and still have not switched the stereo on yet.....

Haha, i usually have mine in low boost with the stereo up loud, i might do another video tomorrow on my GoPro.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”