which alternator? ??

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

g3m uk

which alternator? ??

Post by g3m uk »

Hi. Ive registered with your forum on behalf on my dad. He currently has a f reg 1.6 mk1 mr2. Which is now his 3rd mk1. He loves them!
He has recently had a new engine fitted but has niw been told he needs a new alternator but when trying to buy one was told that there is a 60 or a 70 milliamp one and he doesnt know which one he needs. Could anyone offer us any advice? We wod be very grateful as its been off the road for a month or 2 now and its killing him not being able to drive it in this lovely weather! Thanks in advance :)
mk1 dal

Re: which alternator? ??

Post by mk1 dal »

hi, its the 70 amp he needs .
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

Welcome to the forum G3M

Keep talking to us, when you have 15 posts you can put up pics of the car

We all love the Mk1s, they're a fun little car :thumleft:

Peter
g3m uk

Post by g3m uk »

Thank u for your responce. Could you explain why it is the 70? Just so we understand :)
I would love to post some pictures. Think my dad is aiming to own one of evrey coliur. He has had red, blue and now white :)
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

g3m uk wrote: Think my dad is aiming to own one of evrey coliur. He has had red, blue and now white :)

Seems very patriotic of him :)

If you send a personal message (PM) to Gary (Mk1 dal) I'm sure he'll explain about the alt :thumleft:
g3m uk

Post by g3m uk »

Thankyou for your advice. We have bought an alternator and fitted it today. :) My dad has a great big smile on his face x

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”