[Mk2] [NA] AA Legend

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sterlingadvice

[Mk2] [NA] AA Legend

Post by sterlingadvice »

After being without my wonderful MR2 for almost four weeks now after the alternator seized and shredded the belt fate has finally dealt a very happy me a great hand for a change :D

After the complete fluke of finding a decent Rev1 alternator from MikeyB571 when I went to buy his custom exhaust for an absolute steal of a price I needed to get the old one off and the new one and belt on.

I'd done a deal with a local mechanic to build him a website in return for fitting the exhaust, alternator and new lowering springs but he's 20 miles away and with my current cut springs I didn't fancy a tow so thought I'd be clever and use my AA breakdown to come to the house tell me it was a seized alternator and nothing they could do and stick it on a low loader and take it to the garage for me

What I didn't expect was the guy from the AA turning up and once he knew I had the parts turning round and saying its not a job that they'd normally do but he'd give it a go on the drive. He spent two hours removing it and then the nightmare of fitting the replacement after the locating slider (as he called it) had seized so then had to remove the locating bracket free it off and refit the bracket then the alternator

Most customer service these days is appalling but this guy has renewed my faith that there are still people out there that want to help!!

So if you're lucky enough to be an AA member and have Dave from Crewe turn up to you he comes with a massive glowing reference from me

Polish out tomorrow and loving life in my 2 again :clap: :clap: :clap:
Johnr32

Re: [Mk2] [NA] AA Legend

Post by Johnr32 »

Glad to hear! Go enjoy your 2 while summer is still here :thumleft:

Return to “Mechanical”