[Mk2] [Generic] Tinting T bar glass - DIY style?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

synXero

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Tinting T bar glass - DIY style?

Post by synXero »

Must look strange to have a car drive past you with the sky reflected on its roof :lol:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

BLZ-8027 wrote:Did this on my first car (wonder where it is now?)

Easier to take the catch off ,tint them ,place the catch back in place, then cut round it and stick it back on ,use the glue they sell for interior mirrors

is it just me or from above does it look like a cartoon characters face with square eyes / glasses and 2 small pupils and the line down the middle of the Tbar is the nose and the curve where is meets the car body is like a smile lol :mrgreen: :thumleft: :mrgreen:
synXero

Post by synXero »

Hahahahaha, so it does!!
PeteP

Post by PeteP »

It was worth doing just for the cartoon face.

I've got this job ahead of me for my MK1b, though I'm only using a dark tint.

There must be something about the old glass not being UV filtered because I find it painfully bright when the sun is out and my reactions sunglasses actually darken themselves with the windows up and the roof on. On my other car I have to hold them out of the window every 10 minutes to get the to change. This must mean that the nasty UV rays are getting through the glass and would explain the slight tan that I've got since buying the car.

Return to “Modifications”