[Mk2] [NA] Planning on going naked!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sterlingadvice

[Mk2] [NA] Planning on going naked!

Post by sterlingadvice »

My new project is about to have its spoiler removed as that's the look I prefer. Does anyone know the origins of its existing spoiler??

I've been told its original OEM JDM and very rare, at first glance it looks like stock rev3 but if you look the mounts are more narrow than the standard rev3 and sit closer to the centre of the rear of the car...any advice is more than appreciated hoping to find out a bit more when it comes off at the weekend (markings etc...) By the way its mounted badly and sits a bit further back than its supposed to as the lines should be better

Thanks in advance

Steve
AManInDandism

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Planning on going naked!

Post by AManInDandism »

Not sure, but it doesn't look right.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

I dont know... maybe if it had a slightly different angle, lower to the front? When you get it off consider subtle rear spats and a tubby lid... really beefs the look of the rear up with the spoiler gone. Colour coding the spats, sills and front lower lip will make it look lower too. Well that's what I've done...

R.
sterlingadvice

Mounting points

Post by sterlingadvice »

Yes your both right...it looks wrong if that makes sense!!

It's been mounted slightly too far back as the line should be flush with the body.

And yep I'm hunting around for a turbo lid preferably in 3J6!!
sterlingadvice

Thanks for the link

Post by sterlingadvice »

Cheers for that fella...I'm on MR2OC and have seen this price is great but two problems...distance and I think its super red as opposed to 3J6 which is what I'm after.

My car will at some point need a blow over (or complete respray if funds allow) but for now wanted to try and match it up!
craig

Post by craig »

Spoilerless FTW! :mrgreen:

Seen that spoiler on a few of the stock spoilerless 3SFEs. Don't know where it comes from though. Looks like an attempted immitation of a rev3 spoiler. :-k
hmltnangel

Post by hmltnangel »

Looks like a modified rev 3 spoiler to sit further back. Looks like the legs have been trimmed down to alter its fitting location.

Return to “Modifications”