[Mk2] [Turbo] NA Intake manifold on a turbo ?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Spidey

[Mk2] [Turbo] NA Intake manifold on a turbo ?

Post by Spidey »

Is it possible to use the 3s-ge intake manifold on a 3s-gte ?

The reason i ask is because i'd like a W2A ic over the passenger/air intake side and a side-feed intake manifold would make it easier for routing piping.

Ideally, i'd like a Caldina side-feed intake mani but they are hard to come by and when they do, they are silly money. So, i was hoping a NA intake manifold might work.

Its for a rev3

Any advice appreciated
Rob
GreddyMR2

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] NA Intake manifold on a turbo ?

Post by GreddyMR2 »

I know that people use 4gen Celica N/A intake manifold on rev1/2 cars because of side feed.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/uploads/ ... _thumb.jpg
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

GreddyMR2 wrote:I know that people use 4gen Celica N/A intake manifold on rev1/2 cars because of side feed.

So, that wouldn't fit the rev3+ ? : (
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

Spidey wrote:
GreddyMR2 wrote:I know that people use 4gen Celica N/A intake manifold on rev1/2 cars because of side feed.

So, that wouldn't fit the rev3+ ? : (

This probably not...
But maybe 3SGE gen3 (from 6th gen Celica or 93+ MR2 N/A) or gen4 (which would be difficult to find I think) would fit.
Super_red

Post by Super_red »

I have the Celica one to go on my Rev2, it wont fit a rev3 as it has the TVIS butterflys.

The problem with an N/A manifold is the variable length intake system (acoustic something?), the great big extra plenum on the top thats joined up at certain revs. If you can live with that being there and not functioning then it will fit fine.

I am planing on fitting a w2a core where the airflow meter currently sits once I have removed that although it is possible to move it to the drivers side once the standard sidemount is gone, rev2 obviously no issue with this on rev3+.
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

Hmmm - maybe i'll stay on the hunt for a Caldina intake.

Someone also said to me that they heard that someplace modifies the intaki mani to a sidemount. Anyone know if that is done anywhere ?

The Caldina intake is about 450 euros + shgipping plus taxes. Still cheaper than any of the ATS, Racerx intake manifolds.
Super_red

Post by Super_red »

Would be a custom job by a good ali welder. Use the standard runners but make your own plenum from some ali tube. I have only seen it done on the web and that was for reverse facing manifolds for BMIC's rather than side feed.

Return to “Modifications”