Ryan's Black Rev 2 (Now updated)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan6926

Ryan's Black Rev 2 (Now updated)

Post by Ryan6926 »

Hi all I'm Ryan,

New to the site and the world of MR2's after having 2 Celica's I decided to make the change to the right wheel drive setup :)

Anyways I believe the car belonged to a chap called Zogbee before, it'll need some bits doing to sort out properly then I'll put my own stamp on it :)

Look forward to chatting to you all soon :)

Ryan
Last edited by Ryan6926 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
b4nk51e

Re: Ryan's Black Rev 2 (Now updated)

Post by b4nk51e »

Welcome aboard plenty of knowledgeable folk on here if you get stuck & rwd is great fun :thumleft:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Hiya fella and welcome both to the site and ownership.
Great cars and though not the quickest great fun and hugely engaging. If it's your first RWD take it easy tlil you get to know the car a bit.
Treat it well and they go forever and in some style.

R.
craig

Post by craig »

Welcome buddy :D

15 posts required to post images. Enjoy the car/site :thumleft:
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Cheers for the quick replies :)

It's the first proper RWD drive car I've had myself,

I took a friends MX5 out and was torn between the two and after it bit me for being adventurous on the first roundabout and it just let go with no warning as he had a MX5 I decided to get a MR2

I've been after one for ages, almost bought a K plate a while back (around 5 years ago) almost bought what I believe was the 20th anniversary one and instead bought my first Celica (1.8 ST)

So yeah I've finally got one, It needs a few bits and pieces doing but then I'll play with it properly

It feels quite underpowered until ACIS comes in is that normal for a Rev 2?

Cheers
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Hello again all please forgive my ignorance but please help if you can (laugh too if you like haha)

Basically the outer parts of my sidelights / indicators are missing and I've been trying to source some to replace them as it makes the car look tatty without them, I've not thought of looking for myself to see but are the indicators / sidelights in the same part of the unit with the outers there for show or will I need to find wiring as I can't see any at the moment

Final question for now is I've seen the crystal clear ones on eBay so I'd need those with the silver bulbs it lists for both import / UK spec do I need to modify anything or do they not affect the wiring?

I hope I've explained myself right but probably haven't :-(

Thanks again

Ryan
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Right then well as I've got the required number of posts now I can post pics up :)

The main bits that need doing now is to sort the ghastly rear lights out with some paint thinners to remove the tint, I've tried pretty much everything else and it won't shift,

Next up I've gotta find some front plastics to go next to the indicators as it looks a bit tatty without anything there (I'm pondering going to standard with them as I'm going to be leaving the rears orange too and then doing the same with the toblerones and leaving them orange too

I've found out I've got Bridgestone AE034 alloys although they're not staggered for some reason but there's 20mm spacers on the rear and 15 on the front but I'm hoping I can unbolt the rears, put the 15mm spacers on the rear and have the fronts without spacers to sort the look out as at the minute I don't like how it sits

Anyways pictures anyone?

pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Hi
That mr2 looks really smart buddy
Set of rev3 lights would finish it off well

Used to be able to buys front lights from eBay quite cheap

Or put a post up in the wanted section
craig

Post by craig »

Car looks great mate, agree with Pete above. Import rev3 lights would finish it off nicely! :thumleft:
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Cheers very much they're on the list of things to do :)

I'm also thinking of getting the Raybrig style headlights are they worth the money as it costs me enough in fuel so I'm not exactly flush haha
craig

Post by craig »

Ryan6926 wrote:Cheers very much they're on the list of things to do :)

I'm also thinking of getting the Raybrig style headlights are they worth the money as it costs me enough in fuel so I'm not exactly flush haha

There's some nice crystal style headlights on Ebay for about £40, then get some Osram night breaker + bulbs. Jobs a good 'un :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380529359203

:thumleft:
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Ah cheers are they any good?

I'm thinking of giving Mtec Super White's a run out, I've heard good things of them so may take a punt at 12 quid the set :)

Thanks again

Just bought a set of standard front indicators for her as I'll be removing the rear tint until I can afford the late spec rears / centre panel but I think it'll look a bit less chavvy that way too :)
craig

Post by craig »

Ryan6926 wrote:Ah cheers are they any good?

I'm thinking of giving Mtec Super White's a run out, I've heard good things of them so may take a punt at 12 quid the set :)

Thanks again

Just bought a set of standard front indicators for her as I'll be removing the rear tint until I can afford the late spec rears / centre panel but I think it'll look a bit less chavvy that way too :)

Yeah, the combo of crystal headlights and Osram bulbs is pretty good. :thumleft:
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Cheers for that I'll give it a go then :)

Well after trying unsuccessfully to find a set of crystal reflectors I had to grab some standard ones although I can't seperate the darned things so they're not screwed in as well as one reflector having a crack in the outside but I'm hoping I can source just the one piece instead of buying a complete set

After popping the yellow tint off the headlights and deciding I quite like the yellow fogs I've decided they'll be staying after all

The next plan is to remove the front spacers and change the studs over to standard length as the internal drive nuts hit the studs before they tighten the wheels up enough and I don't fancy my chances risking it :(

She's going to need the rears removed as well but I'm hoping that I can get away with 10mm spacers on the rear to sit the tyres under the arches (is there any reason why the wheels have to be staggered? I'm wanting to go 225-45-17 front and 255-40-17 rears but I'm not sure how it'll all work out so any help greatly appreciated :)

A few little piccies from recently and yes I know it's dirty :(

C and C please :)
craig

Post by craig »

Looks good mate! :D
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Much much nicer with standard lights. 8)

R.
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Cheers guys I couldn't agree more,

I've got a few little niggles to sort out (the battery connections came loose today in Tesco made me look a total bellend haha)

Also there's a strange clicking from the rear when I'm driving mainly at slow speeds, It's quite metallic but can't figure out what it is

Anywhom, Rev 3 rears and Crystal headlights should improve the looks too :D

Cheers
DanT

Post by DanT »

looking good buddy

need to meet up soon..can do a photoshoot for ya
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Sounds good mate, Gotta sort the stance of the thing out first before I go for piccies lol :)

Still jealous of yours :D
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looks nice mate. That side view makes me realise how good the original rev1 spoiler looks. :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”