Jacks' TRD rev5

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

samhemmings5

Re: Jacks' TRD rev5

Post by samhemmings5 »

that looks ace mate love the alloys!
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

samhemmings5 wrote:that looks ace mate love the alloys!

Thanks, always appreciate nice comments :mrgreen:

I decided to replace the under tray bolts with stainless steel ones so purchased a pack, some washers, and today got out under there after work and started changing them over. Not the most exciting but tidies it up a little (well while they're still shiny anyway!) and should prevent them from rusting in. Unfortunately I ran out of washers, sunlight and most importantly interest so a few are yet to be changed over.

Anyway, pics.

OwenK

Post by OwenK »

Your TRD is absolutely awesome, especially on the Futuras. I can't believe I have only just come across it.

Can you share some more info on your wheel/suspension setup? Are those Futuras 17s or 18s & what tyre sizes? Are you still on the Eibach springs only? How do you find ground clearance with the kit on and that particular wheel/suspension setup?

Sorry for the third degree but in that last batch of pictures the car sits JUST RIGHT, often TRDs can look a little high or can make their wheels look tiny, but yours is bob on :thumleft:
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

OwenK wrote:Your TRD is absolutely awesome, especially on the Futuras. I can't believe I have only just come across it.

Can you share some more info on your wheel/suspension setup? Are those Futuras 17s or 18s & what tyre sizes? Are you still on the Eibach springs only? How do you find ground clearance with the kit on and that particular wheel/suspension setup?

Sorry for the third degree but in that last batch of pictures the car sits JUST RIGHT, often TRDs can look a little high or can make their wheels look tiny, but yours is bob on :thumleft:

Thanks :D I really appreciate the kind comments. Sorry I completely missed this post, I've messaged you back though so there should be a lengthy read in you inbox.

Just incase anyone else was wondering about the wheels, they're 17x8 and 17x10 and the tyres are currently 215/40's and 255/40's. I don't know the offsets I'm afraid.

Yes I'm still on the eibach springs, although have been pondering over changing them to lower it a little... not sure yet though :-k

The ground clearance is actually spot on from a functional point of view. The front bumper JUST clears the average size curb, find a big one though and there's trouble :pale:

Third degree is always welcome, I'm happy to help out :D
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

There's been a couple of little updates recently.

My life took a bit of a change recently and I ended up moving back to Cornwall, good for all the lovely b-roads but bad because it meant travelling to work. So there was only one thing for it, I employed a daily beater :D
Hopefully this means I can spend more time on the mr2, it's certainly been kept alot cleaner recently :)

I updated my headlight bulbs to Osram night breakers, to be honest I was expecting them to come through more white but I'm still fairly happy with them. I think now I'll change my sidelights back to regular bulbs rather than the white LED bulbs I have in there now.

I also decided to change my front indicators to the original rev5 clears to match my clear rear lights and clean it up a little, I'm very happy with the result.

I finally managed to fit the exhaust that I've been meaning to fit since July and I also decided to go back to the white center panel. I really struggle to decide which I like better but I'll keep it white for the moment because I think it kind of gives the car a cleaner look... still not fully sure though!! :eye:
The exhaust isn't exactly to my taste because the tips are a little big in my opinion and my preference would be a tad quieter (I think this is why I put off fitting it for so long) but it looks alot better than the tiny original tailpipes and is quieter than alot of n/a exhausts too so it'll do for now at least.

And today I got myself out in the sun to give the car a wash and decided to top up the waxoil and re-gummi pfledge the seals again.

I'm off for a drive now whilst the weathers still good and nobodies craving my attention 8)
sketchmyster

Post by sketchmyster »

weird moved to Cornwall myself will keep a eye open for you loving the look of your 2
Infamous

Post by Infamous »

A french car for a daily drive?! :shock: Madness.... Madness I say! lol

Looking really nice in those pics :)

What did you ever do with that bomex spoiler you had, did you sell it? :-k
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

yep, a cheap little peugeot
The choice with the bomex spoiler was to either hack it up and see if it looked any better or sell it for a profit, was a no brainer since i didnt think it looked good to be honest but part of me still wishes I saw it through.

the peugeot is a means to an end... certainly no fun to drive!!!!
Last edited by jack-p on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

Love this car looks awesome
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Thats a great looking car mate! Will certainly use some tips on some of the smaller things from this thread i intend to touch up on for my mr2 :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”