[FINALIZED] Toyota Mr2 Rev2 NA UK model. 300 quid!

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2 Rich

Toyota Mr2 Rev2 NA UK model. 300 quid!

Post by MR2 Rich »

I have bought a rev3 turbo so it's time to get rid of my Rev2 NA.

I have had the car a year (bought it from an IMOC member) and it has always started first time and hasn't let me down until a few weeks ago the clutch slave cylinder began to leak so it can't be driven very far (could be driven on to a trailer). Its got 137k miles on the clock. I have got the current MOT and 4 previous MOT's. There are a few reciepts from before I got it and the parts receipts from when I've had it.

It has MOT until August and is taxed until May. There were no advisories on the last MOT and it had new tyres on the rear for it (they were 200 quid).

Good Points;

Taxed and MOT'ed so after the clutch slave cylinder is sorted it could be driven.
The sills have been done so they are very solid.
Overall the car is solid with very little rust on the car.
Starts first time, everytime.
New tyres on the rear which have done less than 2000 miles, the front are ok as well.
The alloys have been painted and look very good.
I changed the oil the day the clutch cylinder went with Fuch 5w-40 and a genuine Toyota filter.
Has had a new thermostat and new coolant since I've had it, so it now gets up to temperature quickly and never overheats (and never has).
The brakes look to have been refurbished and there are no funny noises and they pull the car to a stop well with no pulling to either side.
Hasn't used any oil since I've had it and the coolant never goes down.
Has had a new clutch which has done about 1000 miles.
I changed the air filter for a genuine Toyota one.

Bad Points;

Needs the clutch slave cylinder fixing.
It does have a second gear crunch when its cold but doesn't do it when it is warm.
I have taken pictures of the paintwork imperfections, they aren't too bad for a 20 year old car. The drivers door has rust on it. The passenger side rear wheel arch has rust on it (see picture) and there is discolouration at the back of the Tbar windows (see picture).
Driver seat bolster has cracked.
Remember the car is 20 years old and is sold on a no warranty basis spares/repair basis, so come have a look and see what you think.

I want 400 pounds for it, no offers until you are in front of me, after you've had a look at the car.

If there is no interest within a week or two I'm going to break it for parts. Please don't post replies asking for parts because I think it's a shame to break it, so I want to give it a chance to sell as a complete car, but if there's no interest I will be breaking it.

Just to reinterate the car cannot be driven except onto a trailer/car transporter, although it is taxed and tested.

The car is in Harrogate North Yorkshire.

PM for my phone number or any questions.

Thanks Rich

Last edited by MR2 Rich on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No 2 :(
Sweete

Re: [FINALIZED] Toyota Mr2 Rev2 NA UK model. 300 quid!

Post by Sweete »

I can vouch for this car as I sold it to Rich, one of the most solid examples i've seen and by the look of it Rich has looked after it well since my ownership.

Good luck with the sale mate and your new turbo looks nice from what I can see in the pictures.

:thumleft:
alex687

Post by alex687 »

you still selling this or u decided to break it yet? Let me know if/when you decide to break it.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Cheers for the reply Sweete, yes she is a solid car just a few cosmetic bits and the slave cylinder and possibly gearbox and she would be a very nice car.

Got until this weekend then I will start a thread in the breaking section on here....shame really :thumleft:
alex687

Post by alex687 »

can't believe u can't shift it for 400! is a shame but u will probs get more than 400 breaking it. i would take it for 400 if i had a trailer and a car to tow a trailer and a license to tow a trailer and somewhere to store it. would only break it myself and use for spares though
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

alex687 wrote:can't believe u can't shift it for 400! is a shame but u will probs get more than 400 breaking it. i would take it for 400 if i had a trailer and a car to tow a trailer and a license to tow a trailer and somewhere to store it. would only break it myself and use for spares though

It would be a shame to have to break such a solid example. :thumleft:
alex687

Post by alex687 »

true.

you mentioned that the sills have been done - how bad were they and where did u get them sorted? and how long ago - has any rust come back?
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

alex687 wrote:true.

you mentioned that the sills have been done - how bad were they and where did u get them sorted? and how long ago - has any rust come back?

They were done before I got it, I will have a good look tomorrow in the light but I'm pretty sure there is no rust on them, but will double check in the morning.

Cheers Rich

:thumleft:
alex687

Post by alex687 »

it's alright mate - was only asking as i need mine doing and i live near you so was seeing if you could recommend somewhere to get them done
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

alex687 wrote:it's alright mate - was only asking as i need mine doing and i live near you so was seeing if you could recommend somewhere to get them done

Ok mate :thumleft:
AManInDandism

Post by AManInDandism »

I was gonna give you a call about this. It would be ideal for the Mrs, but she doesn't want an MR2 ](*,)

Are you in a rush to get rid of it? I thought you'd have it for another week or so at least. It's a shame to break it anyway.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

AManInDandism wrote:I was gonna give you a call about this. It would be ideal for the Mrs, but she doesn't want an MR2 ](*,)

Are you in a rush to get rid of it? I thought you'd have it for another week or so at least. It's a shame to break it anyway.

Not in any particular rush. Will post a thread in the breaking section at the weekend and see what happens :thumleft:
rob mr2 clay

Post by rob mr2 clay »

if you do break it, i might be interested in the seats
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

I have decided to put a thread in the Mr2 breaking section. :cry:

Anyone want any bits post what you want in the thread or PM me.

A link to the breaking thread;

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=170086

Sad day because its been my first sports car and I have loved every minute of driving it and it is going to feel like chopping things off my dog.

Cheers Rich.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was None
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Had no interest recently so think I'm going to take the wheels off and take any parts off that I might need in the future for my turbo and then send the rest to the scrap man. :pale:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”