You know you drive an MR2 when....

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nickg07

Re: You know you drive an MR2 when....

Post by nickg07 »

Oh yea, that little list of things to do never decreases no matter how many if them you chalk off.
Adam86
Premium Member

Post by Adam86 »

When you can't see where your going due to dashboard glare.
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

At the hand car wash you have to explain that they shouldn't hose down and spray into the rear engine vents..

But they do anyway.
toecutter

Post by toecutter »

When you end up facing back the way you came :o

When your spoiler has bubbling paint
Loque

Post by Loque »

When you giggle at the fact every new passenger who gets in your car falls into the seat with the grace of an elephant.

When you babble on about how AD08s are in fact, God's own personal tyre of choice. And that they're made by Zeus on the hips of virgins.

That feeling that you're driving a proper car when you turn the key and the engine noise comes from behind rather than in front.

When you realise that really, you should have applied opposite lock about three weeks ago.

When you have that feeling of personal success that you have posted yourself into the seat without so much as brushing a leg on the drivers bolster.
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

When you get in to constant arguments with your wife about the fact she sits on top of your harnesses then drags them out from behind her on your recaros lol
Nick

Post by Nick »

When you choose to drive the long way round rather than the direct route
Adam86
Premium Member

Post by Adam86 »

Nick wrote:When you choose to drive the long way round rather than the direct route

Haha l can relate to that one!
hkwc104

Post by hkwc104 »

When you have to lie about how much you have spent on the car to the missus.

When you get onto a nice stretch of open road on a decent day and you realise that all the money, blood, sweat and tears have been worth it :D
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

When you install an oil temp gauge and wont go above 3000rpm until the oil 'comes up to temp' (Even though you had been giving it a bootful for the previous x amount of years when the water temp said 'go for it')

When you keep a towel somewhere in the car so those early morning shifts dont have you arrving looks as if you have pi$sed half way down your leg..

When you eventually find and restore a turbo hardtop, and 'only keep the n/a until the turbo rest is done' - but stall selling the n/a for as long as possible...

When you see little kids checking the car out and can't help but getting the headlights to pop up...

When your leather interior goes fluffy green after a weeks rain and then a few days of the sunny sauna...
gazrev1tubby

Post by gazrev1tubby »

aussieGT wrote:When you install an oil temp gauge and wont go above 3000rpm until the oil 'comes up to temp' (Even though you had been giving it a bootful for the previous x amount of years when the water temp said 'go for it')

This :lol:
Lefty1991

Post by Lefty1991 »

When your hands are never quite small enough for the job your doing.

When your engine bay contains more knuckle skin than your knuckles

When you let impatient drivers get along side and then you remember you have a turbo.
hmltnangel

Post by hmltnangel »

When ever time you lift the keys to go somewhere in the Tubby you look forward to every mile while thinking about your route and how you can avoid the speed bumps.

Grin from ear to ear as you tell the missus that 'that noise' is supposed to happen

When you get to temp and you do the quick sharp boost to make sure all is ok before considering where the 'main event' will be for that day :D
MR2O12

Post by MR2O12 »

you have to slam your saged drivers side door shut

you never have reception on your radio

you truly understand the importance of decent tyres
:D
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

After heavy snow you turn the key half expecting it not to start.
Andy Champ

Post by Andy Champ »

I can't beleive some of these posts.

I drove 200 miles across the country yesterday in mine. I got in it, turned the key, 4 compressions then fire, exactly the same as it has been for the last 12 years I've owned it. I drove it, stopped twice at the far end, drove it back, and never even dreamed it wouldn't start. The most expensive failure I've had is lack of tyre tread, it's utterly reliable, it goes well, it's comfortable - what's not to like?

I only sympathise with the "park it miles from anyone else, then look back at it" :)
mouley1989

Post by mouley1989 »

When you have to let the 1 litre chav'd up corsa do you at the lights because you still havnt let the engine warm up enough
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Andy Champ wrote:

I only sympathise with the "park it miles from anyone else, then look back at it" :)

Here's how I like to park mine.

aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

^ hope you have the right permit to park there....
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

alan_uk wrote:
raptor95GTS wrote:
benedwards64 wrote:....

When you deliberately park at the far end of the carpark so no-one will park next to you :oops:

:thumleft: yep do this as well and then come back and find a car parked next to mine and nothing for 20 spaces in any direction #-o

I do this too lol or park over 2 spaces rediculoisly so people don't bang my doors

I got a parking ticket for exactly this. The infraction they stated was 'not parked wholly withing the bay'. Yea so I was parked across 2 bays but the carpark was relatively quiet. Not exactly ajy issues for space.

Refused to pay and now keep getting threatening debt collection letters.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”