[Mk2] [NA] MK2 Fujitsubo Turbo Exhaust to an N/A

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

glimited

[Mk2] [NA] MK2 Fujitsubo Turbo Exhaust to an N/A

Post by glimited »

Hi all,
Just a quick one, I've just bought myself a Fujitsubo exhaust off eBay to replace my current blowing one on my N/A. It was advertised as for an NA car but after collecting it and lining it up it looks to be for a turbo. I'm in two minds weather to sell it on or wether to fit it.

What would be the difference in fitting a turbo exhaust to an N/A? I'm guessing the back pressure would be completely off and de-crease power at the top end?

Any help appreciated, Cheers.

Edit: Attached is a link to the same exhaust

http://www.rpmgarage.com/new/detail/?tid=16842
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [NA] MK2 Fujitsubo Turbo Exhaust to an N/A

Post by Peter Gidden »

In theroy, N/A exhausts need to produce some back pressure, whereas turbo exhausts do not. In reality, you'll probably see no difference.

However, Fujitsobo exhausts, are high quality, free flowing and quiet. And for those reasons have become in demand by the track day guys.

As to whether to pay to have modified/fitted to your N/A, or sell and buy something else, it's your call. Last one i sold was in great condition and sold for £400.
glimited

Post by glimited »

Cheers Peter. Fantastic reply as always. I'll probably end up fitting it, but now i have that extra hassle of trying to find someone to weld something in place.

Cheers
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

If you get stuck, give Matt a call at Exhausts UK in Sheffield (about 15 minutes from me).

They do 1st class fabrication work as well as make their own systems.

To give you an idea on pricing, to remake a B pipe including flexi, all in stainless, about £180.
glimited

Post by glimited »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:If you get stuck, give Matt a call at Exhausts UK in Sheffield (about 15 minutes from me).

They do 1st class fabrication work as well as make their own systems.

To give you an idea on pricing, to remake a B pipe including flexi, all in stainless, about £180.

I didn't even buy the exhaust for that much! :lol:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

I had a turbo exhaust on my rev3 ,didn't notice any difference in power from standard ,sounded nice but wouldn't go through an MOT, had to refit the cat to make it through

to fit the fuji to your car ,you will need to either cut and weld the downpipe(if it came with it?) to you existing downpipe/cat ,or get a decat pipe adapted to fit
Nails

Post by Nails »

The only thing that would put me off I'd even though they're quiet on turbo motors its going to be loud on your N/A

Return to “Modifications”