crash bar ripped off wile towing (pics)

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ross-taylor

Re: crash bar ripped off wile towing (pics)

Post by ross-taylor »

charged wrote:You're not the first and you wont be the last!

You sorted the alternator bracket yet?

Ouch at least mine didnt rip the whole bumper in half i got away lightly there.

I should have an alternator bracket turning up tomorrow so will fit it strait away, then should be able to drive the car again.

SuperRedMR2 wrote:I drove mine without the bar for a while but I found the front end suffered without it.

elbon50 wrote:Havn't had a bar on the front of mine for a year or so now Ross

Its nice to hear a few people have run or are running without the bar, i think i will fit a new one but im happy to drive it for 3 weeks without one now.

Paul Cyclops wrote:Love those wonderful stitches - hope it's back in the ring again soon / you should have seen the other guy etc

Chears i have always liked the look of the battered drift cars, wasnt what i had planed for mine tho but it works for now till me and my mate does all my welding/repair work for me.
ross-taylor

Post by ross-taylor »

Car is all working again after the new alternator bracket was fitted. i had lost a lot of coolent and had to top it up with 4 liters and re bleed as car was running crap. but all running fine now the revs are steady doesnt over heat. Sorted :D \:D/
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

good work :thumleft:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”