My first dyno day

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2turbo99

My first dyno day

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Hi all,

I've got my first ever dyno day on Saturday which i'm extremely excited about.

I've had my car for a number of years now and after a few mishaps and issues i can't wait to see what power it's making. I've just recently changed the engine as i cracked the block on my rev 1. The new engine feels solid so it'll be great to see the power its making.

Current mods are Rev 2 engine (with Rev 3 HG) Air filter, CT20b, XS intercooler, Downpipe and Mongoose exhaust. The boost is turned up to 14psi too :D

I'd love to see 250bhp+ which i think is reasonable but i was wondering if anyone had any advice for squeezing those extra ponies out apart from the obvious service e.t.c of course.

vtecpower

Re: My first dyno day

Post by vtecpower »

mr2turbo99 wrote:Hi all,

I've got my first ever dyno day on Saturday which i'm extremely excited about.

I've had my car for a number of years now and after a few mishaps and issues i can't wait to see what power it's making. I've just recently changed the engine as i cracked the block on my rev 1. The new engine feels solid so it'll be great to see the power its making.

Current mods are Rev 2 engine (with Rev 3 HG) Air filter, CT20b, XS intercooler, Downpipe and Mongoose exhaust. The boost is turned up to 14psi too :D

I'd love to see 250bhp+ which i think is reasonable but i was wondering if anyone had any advice for squeezing those extra ponies out apart from the obvious service e.t.c of course.

only thing i can think off to squeeze some extra bhp is a blitz or mines ecu :-k ...

260 bhp is achievable on a ct26 at 1 bar (well iv seen 256bhp).. turn your boost to 14.5

make sure all your ignition components are good and there's no reason why you wont hit 250 bhp
archangel

Post by archangel »

Good luck mate. Always nice to get the car on the dyno so u can give ral numbers if people ask u. Ask them to put a side fane to blow air through the inter cooler on the driver side.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Blitz/Mines ecu will gain little if anything. They are crap.
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Cool thanks for the advice. No time to fiddle with the ecu now but may be an option in the future. Im running a CT20 so maybe I'll make even more than a CT26 :thumleft:
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Car made 270hp!! Printouts to follow!
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

mr2turbo99 wrote:Car made 270hp!! Printouts to follow!

knew it would make over 260 bhp... nice one :thumleft:
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

Chris wrote:Blitz/Mines ecu will gain little if anything. They are crap.

at a bar of boost i think they do some difference.. my car definatly drives better off boost with the blitz ecu
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

The guy didn't analyse this for me as we had to get loads of cars through. If anyone would like to tell me what this looks like i.e good/bad e.t.c that would be splendid.

VIDEO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IElEHaKeBv0 :twisted:
megamonkeyman

Post by megamonkeyman »

Looks good. Its funny seeing only 100 hp at 3000RPM (but almost 200lbft torque!!!).

Before I converted to a Rev 3 ecu etc, I ran 1.1 bar on the same setup as you. The car pulled well. Maybe worth a try. You should be at 290+/- at those boost levels I would have thought.
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Yeah i did think about pushing it a little further with some further modifications but i'm thinking 270 @ 0.95bar is pretty reasonable and potentially more reliable than say 1.1bar. I think 20 extra ponies will be a negligible difference?
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Thought i'd share this image with everyone :twisted:
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

That's awesome. I wanna do mine when I have rebuilt it. 269 is an awesome result
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

4ndee wrote:That's awesome. I wanna do mine when I have rebuilt it. 269 is an awesome result

Cheers, yeah really pleased with the result. I thought maybe 250 but an extra 20 over what i and most of my friends thought was such a result.

It's been a real journey getting it to this point and all done completely by myself using hand tools on driveways :D real acheivement for me \:D/

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”