The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

Re: The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Post by Magic Beans »

ashman wrote:
Magic Beans wrote: the fuel pressure was 60 PSI

Wooooo! That's some pressure there! :mrgreen:

Genius huh. The new FPR I'm getting has a gauge on it, so that'll help. :wink:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

And so the sad day arrives and the blue car heads off to what will be it's final resting place :(

The recovery guy who collected it was top notch. A good guy and a good price, thanks to Rob for that :thumleft:

He headed off ahead of me, as I was only half ready when he arrived. Luckily I caught him just as we were both coming off the motorway.

Poor thing has definitely seen better days

Luckily a brother was there to offer support :wink:

How things stand right now. Sat in line waiting to for a heart and brain transplant into v2 spec.

This needs a good sort out before it's filled again in a couple of days. Too many bits which need buying *nudge nudge* :mrgreen:

48 hours from now it will be a sea of pearl white :D Most likely a rain topping from the return journey though :?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

New car insured. £256 via Classic Line, fully comp and current mods declared! Very nice people too. \:D/
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Sad day but better to come :D

Just insured mine with classic line too. £215 fully comp with all mods, so yours not bad at all with mine being a lowly n/a.

see you Sunday...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

riot68 wrote:Sad day but better to come :D

Just insured mine with classic line too. £215 fully comp with all mods, so yours not bad at all with mine being a lowly n/a.

see you Sunday...

Looking forward to it. The weather less so :?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I think today must be a few hours longer than normal, as I've got loads done and even had some time to kill while I wait for the female to get home. So I decided to erect a simple shine to a fallen friend, in the form of the blue car.

Fittingly it hammered it down with rain as soon as the plate was mounted over the door. Almost like it controls the rain in some way :-k :lol:

Also in keeping with that car, the plate fell off in an attempt to kill me as I was working near there about 20 minutes later. Stubborn to the end :lol:

Time to refurb the Cusco braces ready to go in the new car. I'm removing the paint and will most likely get the ends powdercoated. The bars will go for an Autosol workout.

Just like the professionals do. Sat in a bucket on the garage floor.

Actually, they should be naked by now. Time to go and poke at them with a brush.
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Hope you ditched that rear fog though, should have hung that off the back door :D ...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
stephano

Post by stephano »

Magic Beans wrote:New car insured. £256 via Classic Line, fully comp and current mods declared! Very nice people too. \:D/

how is it so cheap!?
i pay £500 all declared like for like and all that jazz and i thought that was good #-o
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

riot68 wrote:Hope you ditched that rear fog though, should have hung that off the back door :D ...

It's going on the new car...

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Magic Beans on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

stephano wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:New car insured. £256 via Classic Line, fully comp and current mods declared! Very nice people too. \:D/

how is it so cheap!?
i pay £500 all declared like for like and all that jazz and i thought that was good #-o

It's insured as a second car and has limited mileage. Plus being a little older I'm a much safer driver of course :-k :lol:
stephano

Post by stephano »

Magic Beans wrote:
stephano wrote:

how is it so cheap!?

It's insured as a second car and has limited mileage. Plus being a little older I'm a much safer driver of course :-k :lol:

haha yeah true. :mrgreen:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Wow....I pay too much for insurance, didn't realise you could get Classic insurance with the level of mod's we're talking about #-o

What are you going to do with your Te37's Phil?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I've not added the engine onto it yet, as well, it's not in the car yet :wink: But that's all body mods, wheels, paint etc.

Not too sure what to do for the best with the wheels to be honest. I'd like to sell them as they are for less, so someone else can get them refurbed back to new. People are kinda lazy though, so I'll either just sell the two good wheels or I'll get them sorted myself and sell them on. :-k
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

Is the other blue tubby in the pic yours...... Such a lovely colour sorry to see the accident on the other pages glad your ok

If the other blue tubby is yours p.s that is 1 sexy spoiler =P~
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

vtecpower wrote:Is the other blue tubby in the pic yours...... Such a lovely colour sorry to see the accident on the other pages glad your ok

If the other blue tubby is yours p.s that is 1 sexy spoiler =P~

Just the one at the back is mine.

It's a shame to see it go for sure. The new one helps to heal any wounds though, especially when I collect it tomorrow :D
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

And so, after what's felt like an eternity, a fair amount of money and an emotional rollercoaster, it's time for a '2 to be back in my world \:D/

I've been monitoring the weather all week, as I really didn't want to collect an immaculate and stunning looking '2 in the same conditions which led to the demise of it's predecessor :cry: However the gods have been kind and blessed us with no rain and even a visit from the elusive glowing ball in the sky. Ancient texts of eye witness accounts of it referred to it as The Sun. Whatever it's name is, it's good to see it again :D Apparently it didn't have time to pay a visit to Northamptonshire today, namely Silverstone... :wink:

We arrived bright and early, well for Saturday anyway, to see the man himself knocking out some sweet jumps on his bike. Wowing passes by and mesmerising children with skills that would put Matt Hoffman to shame. Unfortunately there's no photos of this though Scott :mrgreen:

Out she came and in true Scott style the polishing began. You're definitely going into the right trade buddy, it's in your blood :D

Men folk starting around, talking about cars and admiring the view

All papers signed and with a somewhat guilty feeling we departed, heading for her new home.

I love this profile, it sits so well. Certainly draws a whole lot of attention! :shock:

We arrived back safe and sound. She was quickly tucked up in bed before that nasty rain could come

Less than 30 seconds later!

The rain was somewhat of a no show, so out she came again for a few photos and to clean off the hundreds of flies which bought it on the way back, at the hand of the bumper and license plate :shock:

I do like these mirrors. They don't make for the best rear viewing, however that's what spatial awareness is for :wink:

The Sheepdog exhaust is really pretty damn good. It's quiet at tick over and low revs, then throaty when it's in action mode

Mmm sparkly

That's a damn clean bay!

She's got some big shoes :shock:

This is pre cleaning off flies. I got drawn into photo mode :whistle:

The interior trim is painted the same colour as the bodywork, which is a nice touch

A neat little controller for the business end of the audio equipment (bass)

All in all Scott's done a stunning job on the car. In many ways the demise of the old one has been a blessing in disguise, as many of the things on my previously extensive "To do"list have been done and done very well. Not to say that this is the end of course.... :wink:

scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Hey Phil,

Glad you got home safe and managed to avoid the rain! Some great pics you got there! Today was the first time I've seen the car moving (as no one was ever allowed to drive her) and it just looks fantastic even at low speeds.

I'm not quite sure about the Matt Hoffman jumps! I was just wasting some time trying not to think about the up coming event! At least all the 6 year olds thought I was awsome!

Tell you what once I get set up ill give you a decent discount on a high end detail if you fancy it?

Take care
Scott
craig

Post by craig »

Excellent motor mate, the only things I'd change, and this is just my personal preference.

I'd:

-lose the spoiler
-Re-fit the pop up lights
-Re-fit non tinted rear lights

Not my car though, so who cares :mrgreen:

Happy for ya mate, looking forward to updates :thumleft:
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

STUNNING car I love it....

I saw it for sale and thought someone will be lucky to own this tubby

ONE bad point and it is a very small 1.... Loose that dump valve and get yourself a proper old school hks super sound blow off valve or a proof sheepdog bov (proper jap noise) :lol:
stephano

Post by stephano »

pop up lights would be better imo apart from that its a PHAT looking car. :mrgreen:

and you got the same engine cover as me :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”