[Mk2] [Turbo] anyone fitted a jperformance intercooler kit?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sidewaysmk2tubby

[Mk2] [Turbo] anyone fitted a jperformance intercooler kit?

Post by sidewaysmk2tubby »

Having a right mare trying to fit a jperformance intercooler piping up.
Intercooler and fan all in with shroud but the pipes just don't bl#*dy fit.
I followed a pic guide on the ky2 section but my long pipe from turbo hot pipe to intercooler will only just about fit the opposite way around to this guide. The intake side is no better either.

Has anyone got a pic they can share of theirs or advice before I phone Jperformance up giving the member of staff that answers a terrible customer experience and demand my money back.

Thanks, I'm at the end of my patience with this kit after several hours of messing around.
"I know that son-of-a-b*tch is cheatin! Cause, I'm cheatin and he beat me"!
A.BLAKE

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] anyone fitted a jperformance intercooler kit?

Post by A.BLAKE »

The pipe work that comes with those kits is pretty good.. Unless you want to use it to fit an IC to an MR2 in which case its completely useless.. Honestly I cant understand why they would go to the trouble of providing hard pipes that clearly dont fit... Any way, you will have to make up your own, or take it to pacific works and get Luke to do it like i did :D

Luke cant really see on this pic but the IC to throttle body is all custom

Image[/img]
sidewaysmk2tubby

Yea terrible, 3rd day of trying and its fitted (just) will def be having a custom intake mani to ic pipe made though, more shiny goodness to go in :)
smartdj

Post by smartdj »

Seriously people why do you continue to give them crap kits a good name?!?!?!

Dump it and buy a decent intercooler kit..
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Because people get good results with them, they're cheap and the stock system may as well be called an interwarmer? :)
sidewaysmk2tubby

I don't see anyone giving them a good name on this thread?

Infact I was so disgusted with the fitment of the piping I demanded my money be returned straight away as it does not meet the description of (fits mr2 sw20).

The intercooler is however okish, it also performs better than my stock intercooler that I have had on for the last 2 years of ownership.

I had already bought a new unwanted one from another mate so only needed the piping and this from the description with the flanged pipe ends seemed to be a good way to go.

I had also not come across any other mention of jperformance being a terrible fitment, just xspower kits and ebay cheap copies. Infact another friend of mine had an ebay cheap kit and the pipe work fitted better than this!

I would not recomend this to anyone, EVER!
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

I've got a JPerformance exhaust, sounds nice, looks nice, but the fitment is an issue. It rubs on my towing eye when it's warm and thus makes a loud rattling sound between 2 and 3K RPM. VERY annoying. Going to try and modify the bracket area tomorrow to make it stop, otherwise I'll be buying a new one #-o
sidewaysmk2tubby

Haven't looked at them tbh, lost faith in the company after supplying such ill fitting components.

I ended up having a custom twin exit system made with 2.5“ pipes and 4“ slash cut tail pipes, sounds nice with a medium note. At idle it purrs nicely but when you apply some beans it starts to get attention. Had a couple of people say they thought it was a motorbike before they realised it was a car because of the pitch. I wanted it to kinda compliment a tuned engine not make it sound like a corsa. Didn't want to loud and obnoxious like all the other chav cars in my city sticking the biggest bore pipes they can find on.

Still regret not taking my original choice of a nur spec though and would have to sell this one to fund it nowadays ](*,)
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

It's actually pretty quiet at idle and anywhere up to 3000 RPM really. Only thing that makes it sound like sh*t is the rattle on the towing eye.
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

It does amaze me that a company would sell an item that doesn't fit on the vehicle it's designed for ..... !

They'd do better re naming themselves krypton factor performance!
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
smartdj

Post by smartdj »

sorry but i tottaly disagree. i lost perfomance and thats a fact! i live 10miles from veysport (rolling road) and regualy go up and check out my new mods.

i lost performance from it so i dumpped it and bought a rouge charge cool.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

sidewaysmk2tubby wrote:I would not recomend this to anyone, EVER!

+1

Return to “Modifications”