[Mk2] [Turbo] how to fix codes on my turbo

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2turbo_rob

[Mk2] [Turbo] how to fix codes on my turbo

Post by mr2turbo_rob »

my turbo is still not starting so i done the paper clip trick and it came up with codes

Code 12 Engine revolution signal missing

Code 23 and 24 Intake air temperature signal fault

Code 31 Air flow meter circuit or Vacuum sensor signal fault (should be sorted as was unplugged)

can anyone give me ideas on what i should be checking for the other codes

rob
Ren0W

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] how to fix codes on my turbo

Post by Ren0W »

Google:

you have an ignition problem. This could be related to the ECU, Distributor,or coil. Also check the distributor to see that if rotor is moving when you crank the engine, because if the timing belt has broken it will not move and it will not send spark to the plugs.You would need to change the timing belt!

Check the distributor assembly for internal oil leaks, faulty/cracked wires

Intake air temp sensor is the little white probe sticking down into the AFM.It will be on the intake tube side,(have to pull the AFM off) measures the temp of the air that is coming through the AFM....can be cleaned with electrical contact cleaner...if the problem persists, more than likely the AFM is bad. The wires that connect to it go through the main plug that is connected to the top of your AFM.

Be sure to reset, to make sure they aren't old errors.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] how to fix codes on my turbo

Post by toxo »

Check the wiring connector on the underneath of the distributor is connected properly. Pull the ECU fuses for 10 minutes to clear the codes (or just leave the negative terminal off the battery, has the same effect).

The air intake temperature sensor is inside the AFM so if that were disconnected it would trigger that code too.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!

Return to “Electrical”