multi car insurance?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mulaz

multi car insurance?

Post by mulaz »

Multicar insurance is it worth looking at?
i have a fiat panda for everyday use , work etc.
The wife has a car , i also have a motorhome and my MR2

Don't want to waste time on the telephone / etc

Having a classic car as well as the motorhome is going to cause problems?

#-o #-o
cogboy

Re: multi car insurance?

Post by cogboy »

I looked on Admiral's website about putting a '95 Golf GTi and my '88 Mk1 on a multicar policy. The site let me waste 15 minutes inputting all the cars' data, then when I pressed 'submit' said they couldn't quote me because the MR2 was too old.
On the flipside, REIS (Richard Egger Insurance) told me a few months ago that they were looking at creating a Multicar policy sometime this year, so it might be worth giving them a bell.
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

It's may well be worth it just for yours & other half's cars alone. It was for me & mrs them mk1.5 insured on classic policy.
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
trunks_mk1

Post by trunks_mk1 »

multi-policy is just good for standard cars, your better off using specific classic insurers for the mr2. thats what i found.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Don't go to Adrian Flux they are tossers
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

I'd seriously look into classic car insurance as an alternative, if you don't use the MK1 all of the time.

I do this for my MK2 MR2 (drive my MK5 Golf Gti as a daily driver) and it worked out a lot cheaper than any mainstream multi car policy.

If you do a lot of mileage in your MK1 this obviously wouldn't be much good though - I use Peter Best and I think the max mileage they allow is 5000.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

It is worth talking to Sky, they definitely do a multi-car policy as I had a quote today...including my GTR, mk2 MR2 and twin charger!
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

cogboy wrote:I looked on Admiral's website about putting a '95 Golf GTi and my '88 Mk1 on a multicar policy. The site let me waste 15 minutes inputting all the cars' data, then when I pressed 'submit' said they couldn't quote me because the MR2 was too old.
On the flipside, REIS (Richard Egger Insurance) told me a few months ago that they were looking at creating a Multicar policy sometime this year, so it might be worth giving them a bell.

I'm with admiral and found them to be the cheapest. They dont quote for old cars online now as they qualify for there new classic car discount. We have the Afla GT and my MR2 with admiral, all mods declared, agreeded value of £1500 and i still get NCD and the ability to drive other cars third party.

Some compare sites will do multi car searches for you, ive tried places like sky and chris knott in the past but they didnt like it when i had claims and points, will give them a call this year round though.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”