[Mk2] [Turbo] HKS VPC fitted, I can now rev positive boost pressure in neutral??

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2mad

[Mk2] [Turbo] HKS VPC fitted, I can now rev positive boost pressure in neutral??

Post by 2mad »

Hi,

I was lucky enough to get hold of a hks vpc off of ebay, It was plugin and play for a rev3. So I rewired the hks boomslang harness for my rev1 and bought a 440cc chip from a guy in the us.
I have just fitted it today and so far so good, I took the car out for a quick spin on low boost (0.6bar) my air fuel seems ok and car sounds awesome now a 3" aluminum pipe has replaced the airflow meter.

Only thing that is bugging me is I can now rev positive boost pressure (0.2bar @ 5500rpm) in neutral and that I have always thought was impossible without load on the engine, if anyone has any ideas why I can now build boost in neutral I would love to hear them :thumleft:

If anyones running a hks vpc could you let me know if my internal dip-switches are set right ....

dip-switches top row........ (1-down 2-down 3-down 4-down)

dip-switches bottom row.. (1-down 2-up 3-down 4-up)

Kev.
Last edited by 2mad on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marf

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] HKS VPC fitted, I can now rev positive boost pressure in neutral??

Post by Marf »

What are you using to monitor your AFR?
2mad

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] HKS VPC fitted, I can now rev positive boost pressure in neutral??

Post by 2mad »

Just back from some road testing and it drives beautifly, smooth off boost and extremely responsive on boost. I only had my boost controller set to 0.8bar and it easly out performs how the car used to drive with the standard airflow meter in place @1.0bar \:D/

So as long as being able to build boost in neutal is not a symptom of an underlying problem I am very pleased with how the hks vpc performs and would definitely recommend it as a cheap airflow meter removal upgrade :mrgreen:

Kev.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Innovate wideband LC-1 :thumleft:
Marf

Post by Marf »

Good man, too many people hook into the stock O2 sensor and then assume its accurately reporting AFRs.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Yeah I know #-o , I will have a go at data logging tomorrow make sure afr's are as they should with a few full throttle pulls.
It just seems odd the car will build boost in neutral with no signs of a missfire that I can hear 8-[ granted its only 0.2bar, mabe im just lucky :-s

Kev.
craig_mr2_mk1

Post by craig_mr2_mk1 »

I can make 0.2bar in neutral with a stock ecu, with afm on a rev 1/2.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Awesome 8) I'm looking forward to taking the car out and doing some testing tomorrow now, thanks Craig :thumleft:
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

I can also hit pos boost in neutral...rev2 bolt on mods, afm :thumleft: but not untill I had a Turbosmart BOV with a vac line feed.

Return to “Modifications”