[FINALIZED] Whats my slightly modded rev2 turbo worth (yup another one of those)

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Phill P

Whats my slightly modded rev2 turbo worth (yup another one of those)

Post by Phill P »

It’s a 1992 rev2 turbo coupe in black

102,000 miles on the clock and will have a years mot and whatever is left on the tax.

Inside is clean with no rips or tears in the cloth seats and will come with a momo steering wheel and an Alpine cd player (although it not a good one), front speakers are Infiniti and the gearlever gaitor is from Rhon. AC did work but may now need a top up.

Exterior cleans up well although front and rear bumpers have a few scrapes but for a 92 car its quite good and receives many good comments from passers by and when I have attended Japbash and a local MR2 meets.

Slight bit of rust on the nsf front wing as I had to replace it when I first got it as it had a dent in it,its only surface rust and the rest of the car is totally fine,its just that my replacement wasn’t the best around at the time.

Mechanically it has a new gearbox that the previous owner fitted due to cracking the original on a car park bollard (have receipt for this)

I have fitted Apex -30 mm springs, new front topmounts, front spring cups, front Anti roll bar bushes, all round has new droplinks and lowerball joints,tracking has been done since too. When I first got the car at 96,000 miles I had a new cambelt fitted, one of the pipes from hell has also been fixed. Also fitted a new camcover gasket and new dizzy cap with rotor.

Engine is good and pulls well with no fuss or bother

Mods are a Japspeed exhaust with bungs included, Apexi airfilter and a Rev3 rear light conversion. Also has an Autowatch car remote car alarm with one fob.

I shall be removing my rota wheels, Greddy front splitter and tinted front indys and replacing these with standard MR2 units.

Just really looking for an idea of what its worth as need a 4 seater car which does a bit more mpg, although I’m very pleased with an average 24 mpg from a car that puts such a big smile on my face.

Cheers paul :thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
alanmr2turbo

Re: [FINALIZED] Whats my slightly modded rev2 turbo worth (yup another one of those)

Post by alanmr2turbo »

The prices on mr2 are pretty dire at the moment. You can pick up rev2 tubbies for £1k now and REV3 under under £2k

Depends on how quick you want a sale. £1k for a quick'ish sale or £1.5k if you don't mind hanging around for a buyer
Phill P

Re: [FINALIZED] Whats my slightly modded rev2 turbo worth (yup another one of those)

Post by Phill P »

Cheers for the reply,would like to get 1200 ish with the exhaust and airfilter on and a years ticket but will see what happens :thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
Olly P

Post by Olly P »

It's worth whatever you can sell it for.

I would never ask the audience what it's worth.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was mrfil13

Return to “MR2s for Sale”