oops i mean fragglereally
H3RB

Re: Battlefield3 thread....

Post by H3RB »

done
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

finished single player on the PC last night, hand to hand combat cost me 2 smashed mice and a lot of aggravation lol, not very clear how to do it. Nice scenario though but multiplayer is where it's at. If you get "disconnected from login server" often then disable uPnP on your router.

btw i'm cvega666 on origin if you want to add me
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Just about to fire it up.

Im kendoskeg11 on Xbox 360
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i thought the single player was stupidly short! took me 4 hours on hard lol
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

How do you turn off the auto crouch on the ps3.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

If your a fan of BF2 will you like this?? Is it worth £35 or would you wait for MW ?

Just bought it but dont know if I should keep it or take it back and wait for MW. I loved BF2.

I have a friend who got BF3 on release and I asked him and he said to wait for MW instead BUT he is a huge MW fan so his opinion is abit biased lol

Ive read that MW is still using the same engine since 2005 and everythings going to be near enough the same just a new story (same weapons, same models etc). But BF3 has a complete new engine and I love how you can fly things on BF :mrgreen:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:If your a fan of BF2 will you like this?? Is it worth £35 or would you wait for MW ?

Just bought it but dont know if I should keep it or take it back and wait for MW. I loved BF2.

I have a friend who got BF3 on release and I asked him and he said to wait for MW instead BUT he is a huge MW fan so his opinion is abit biased lol

Ive read that MW is still using the same engine since 2005 and everythings going to be near enough the same just a new story (same weapons, same models etc). But BF3 has a complete new engine and I love how you can fly things on BF :mrgreen:

MW3 is EXACTLY the same as MW2 mate. I've played it. Nothing new to look at or listen to at all. Real let down in that department. Not interested in MW3 at all anymore, looks like a cartoon and plays like an arcade game.....and this is coming from a huge COD fan! Played them all and loved MW and MW2.....untill I played BC2!

Battlefield3 on the other hand......is OUTSTANDING!! Brutal....but amazing. Multiplayer online is what its ALL about.

Keep it mate, play it, love it! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

I've got BF2 aswell and BF3 is well worth keeping. I've been playing loads on the weekend and it just gets better as you unlock better weapons. The graphics and online gameplay is awesome.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i used to love cod, but then they all got repetative so gave up on them. saying that ive been playing battle field since bf2 and its never got old. bf3 is awesome well worth keeping even though there are several bugs at the min. ill try cod when it comes out as i got it free but dont see me playing it for more than a month or so at most.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

picked up my copy today :)
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

had a quick 5 mins on this on multiplayer..
the graphics are pretty epic
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:If your a fan of BF2 will you like this?? Is it worth £35 or would you wait for MW ?

BF3 on 360 has one or two bugs that need ironing out, apparently a patch is due soon. There have also been one or two server problems on Xbox Live, but it was only released days ago so you can forgive most of these early problems.

The campaign is short, and in my opinion (and Im a BF lover) pretty poor. The story and flashback theme is inventive, but the enemies pretty much spawn from the same spots until you've killed a few, then you move on, a later level across the countryside vs some Russians is the worst example of this - very similar to MOH. Thats not to say that the campaign isn't enjoyable - it is very good, but you've seen it all before.

As for online play itself - I put around 1200 hours in on Bad Company 2 online, had a clan etc and was on it pretty much every night and it never got boring, I absolutely loved it. My limited experience of BF3 online play has so far been a little underwhelming, certain things have been messed with (like the tank 3rd person view for example) but its important to remember this is a Battlefield game, not a Bad Company game, so it was never going to be exactly the same.

Im having a great time with this game so far, but as a massive fan of BC2, this feels like its straying a little too far into COD territory.

Don't get me wrong Im just pointing out the negatives here - its still very very good.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

STILL haven't got my copy from Amazon that I pre-ordered months ago :evil:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

had ago on multiplayer and thought "this is crap" and then checked the times to find out nearly everyone had left and there was only 5 people in!

joined a full server 24 people and it was miles better lol.

Can you still revive people on this one?? I liked being a medic on the last one and reviving team mates :thumleft:
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

Sure you can after you earn some points you get the defibrillator - the unlocks and new weapons system is pretty much the same as the last..
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

cvega666 wrote:Sure you can after you earn some points you get the defibrillator - the unlocks and new weapons system is pretty much the same as the last..

No need for points, its available straight away with the Support class (medic).
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

It isnt mate, you need to rank up before you get the defib.
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

Bender Unit wrote:It isnt mate, you need to rank up before you get the defib.

^^ what he said. Defib is not available as standard, just the med kit.
James

Post by James »

Just got my copy today :D

Return to “Games Consoles”