Kbox and import duty

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mulaz

Kbox and import duty

Post by mulaz »

while looking for new poly bushes i find kbox are selling kits for £78 and that includes postage.

i know i will have to pay import duty and vat but it still looks like a good deal at around £100.

I have recently used kbox and cannot fault them as i got a new seal for my air intake in just over a week from Canada (no duty or vat) that time.

Are these poly bushes any good for normal road driving?
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Re: Kbox and import duty

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Are they Prothane buches? If so they're all good for road driving. :thumleft:

Budget for another £10 (ish) on top for parcel farce's 'handling fees'. ](*,)
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

I've bought from kbox a few times and don't recall getting hit by customs at any point.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Add another 20% on for import tax - that's what I got done on, when importing my fidanza flywheel.

You don't get done if its under something silly like £18.00 but anything over, add 20%.
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

I've bought from KBox a few times and got hit once for import duty. I've always surmised that its because the items come from Canada as other items I've had delivered from Canada have not all had import duty levied on them. Buying from the USA is a different matter.
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

j0nathan wrote:I've bought from KBox a few times and got hit once for import duty. I've always surmised that its because the items come from Canada as other items I've had delivered from Canada have not all had import duty levied on them. Buying from the USA is a different matter.

I find it has a lot to do with which courier it goes through at this end. Anything I get that comes via Parcelforce seems to get hit for charges, other couriers are never a problem.
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

kaiowas wrote:
j0nathan wrote:I've bought from KBox a few times and got hit once for import duty. I've always surmised that its because the items come from Canada as other items I've had delivered from Canada have not all had import duty levied on them. Buying from the USA is a different matter.

I find it has a lot to do with which courier it goes through at this end. Anything I get that comes via Parcelforce seems to get hit for charges, other couriers are never a problem.

I concur with that experience.
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

Maybe not really relevant but I was hit for duty by DHL when importing from Germany

Received another parcel last week transported by them, worth £250 & as far as I know have not been hiit

Peter
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

It is somewhat random I think, I had a FedEx delivery from Aus that got tax and handling fee. Wasn't worth much over £100. :(
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

Check the declaration label attached to the parcel. I have received parcels from abroad where they have an option to tick Gift. In these instance you don't normally get charged import duty.
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

I am currently negotiating with the polybush designer to get a kit made for the mk1 if i can find enough interested people.
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

pk_090 wrote:I am currently negotiating with the polybush designer to get a kit made for the mk1 if i can find enough interested people.

I'm interested (depending on cost of course) Alex

Peter
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

elbon50 wrote:Maybe not really relevant but I was hit for duty by DHL when importing from Germany

There shouldn't be any duty payable on deliveries within the EU.....
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

kaiowas wrote:
elbon50 wrote:Maybe not really relevant but I was hit for duty by DHL when importing from Germany

There shouldn't be any duty payable on deliveries within the EU.....

Yes thats true. They wanted money for some reason

Didn't get any though :)

Peter
cabbydave1

bushes

Post by cabbydave1 »

Are you sure thats including delivery as I have just been charged $65 for delivery and £26 handling and import duty for the same bushes still worked out at £130 for the lot all except the rear anti roll bar bushes as the yanks dont have them on the cars
mulaz

Post by mulaz »

Checked again and as far as i can tell it's $19.99

"This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Table Rate
Best Way $19.99"

might email them before hand
#-o
cabbydave1

Post by cabbydave1 »

Thats good I bought them from twosrus.com so could be different but all the postage changed at the checkout stage

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”