[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 3 turbo rear clip price?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bone

[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 3 turbo rear clip price?

Post by Bone »

How much is a rev 3 turbo clip worth. Not including the downpipe, exhaust and gearbox. It has a hks dumpvalve, forge acutator and apexi air intake.
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 3 turbo rear clip price?

Post by Jaspa »

Mileage and history would be useful too?
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Bone

Post by Bone »

90,000 miles 1994. Serviced every 6000 miles.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

a FULL rev3 turbo clip with around 50k is worth around £1200 quid, ive bought 2 at that price (both clips with nice mods (bov, I/C, exhaust, apexi intake)

so with your missing items id say quite a bit less... once youve started to split the clip it may be better to just keep breaking it down further
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

£600 tops matey...I bought the same not long ago for £300...rev3 , 90k, no blower or gearbox but full loom.
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

If the exhaust and gearbox are missing, how are you going to listen to the engine when you can't start it up! It could be well sha**ed. doing dry tests ie compression isnt enough.

With the tuning bits fitted the chances of it being bad is higher.

There is normally a reason why a car gets stripped.

I would walk away.
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

It would be nice to think that we could all trust one another to not do the naughty, particularly as we're all grown up and payed up, but unfortunately it doesn't seem the case, buy from a trusted member with feedback so you will get some after sales service if it goes boobs...I bought mine from a mate, and I know it's been well serviced.
Bone

Post by Bone »

The gearbox is there and you can start the car. You could even drive it if you had to.
Bone

Post by Bone »

I will have good feedback soon once I've posted my stuff :thumleft:
willfinch36

Post by willfinch36 »

Mike N wrote:If the exhaust and gearbox are missing, how are you going to listen to the engine when you can't start it up! It could be well sha**ed. doing dry tests ie compression isnt enough.

I would walk away.

Grow up, I know "Bone", completely genuine person, and totally genuine reason for car being split rather than sold as one.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Mike N wrote:If the exhaust and gearbox are missing, how are you going to listen to the engine when you can't start it up! It could be well sha**ed. doing dry tests ie compression isnt enough.

I would walk away.

Mr2s usually get stripped because they are worth more in parts than there being anything wrong with them. . Ive broke 5 mr2s now and 3 there was nothing wrong with them, the other 2 were front end accident damaged but again nothing wrong with the mechanicals. . Each engine ive sold has been done on trust.
Bone

Post by Bone »

Thank you :thumleft:
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

willfinch36 wrote:

I would walk away.

Grow up, I know "Bone", completely genuine person, and totally genuine reason for car being split rather than sold as one.

Bone may well be a completely genuine person, I was not insinuating that he is not, but this post is in the mechanical section, which means to me that he asking advice about buying a rear clip. Which is what I gave.

If he is selling one perhaps it should have been posted in the for sale section. Better clarity would have made his post easier to understand in the first place?

I have been active in motorsport as a competitor and organiser of many international events for over 32 years now, and have seen many a friend & competitor buy a dud un-tested engine because they could not start it up prior to purchase, sadly, this is often at great expence I might add.
I am simply trying to help people here that ask and nothing more. This post seemed to be an ask post not a selling post?

I am also aware that performance cars can be worth more in bits than complete, but that wasnt what the post implied either.

As I approach the big 50, I certainly don't think I need to "grow up" anymore, start taking it a bit more easy; yeh just maybe?..............

Return to “Mechanical”