Protane Bumpstops (with Pics)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markymarkmr2mk2

Protane Bumpstops (with Pics)

Post by markymarkmr2mk2 »

Recently changed shock absorbers so took the opportunity to get poly bump-stops fitted- but think it may have been fitted wrongly,two bushings are supplied for each side(as shown) but according to diagram one should be fitted each side of chassis instead mine are both on outside??

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

anybody fitted these ..thanks
markymarkmr2mk2

Re: Protane Bumpstops (with Pics)

anyone know where the inner bushing goes ? is it between the top mount and spring sleeve?
Phill P

Post by Phill P »

I'd say its looks correct to me,unless i'm seeing it wrong, if you had a bush on the other side it would be against the topmount.

I've just fitted powerflex bumpstops with boots and looks the same as yours. The pic does not seem to relate to your car.

I'm sure somebody will correct me about this if I'm wrong

:thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
markymarkmr2mk2

hey phil
yeah but i think with both on one side the car feels like its bottoming out over small bumps in the road,maybe i should just remove one of them
Phill P

Post by Phill P »

Try to find out what Toyota bumpstops are in lengh, I know they should be fixed to a gaitor but that normally fails off at some point and I've thrown mine away now.
My powerflex ones although one piece do look around the same lengh as your two together.

:thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

it is correct place but the top bump stop look facing the wrong way
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

In the first diagram picture ,the bushes are for the front strut rods ,that bolt to the chassis ,NOT bump stops for the suspension struts ?

cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

BLZ-8027 wrote:In the first diagram picture ,the bushes are for the front strut rods ,that bolt to the chassis ,NOT bump stops for the suspension struts ?

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n281 ... C00040.jpg

^^^ This

But you can use them as bump stops (I have my old prothances on as bump stops)
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

cartledge_uk wrote:
BLZ-8027 wrote:In the first diagram picture ,the bushes are for the front strut rods ,that bolt to the chassis ,NOT bump stops for the suspension struts ?

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n281 ... C00040.jpg

^^^ This

But you can use them as bump stops (I have my old prothances on as bump stops)

Worth knowing ,
i had a look at an old gaiter i have ,and one would be around the same size as the standard,looking at the picture
markymarkmr2mk2

cheers guys took one out each side and perfect now :thumleft:...and an improvement over standard i think

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”