[Mk2] [NA] Car won't turn over

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Fozzy

[Mk2] [NA] Car won't turn over

Post by Fozzy »

Right the background;

I have rebuilt and replaced large parts oif the car, including replacement engine gearbox ecu loom etc.

Now the car has been starting up without fault for a while while ive been checking everything over. Once i was happy with it i drove the car back home, some 30 miles without fault. I went in the house for about 30 mins, came out to put the car back in the garage and it wont start.

I have checked there is 12v at the starter, plus there is a good ground. Just to make sure i added a jump lead from the starter to the chassis, nothing. I have removed the starter and directly applied 12v to it, and it spins freely, and with 12v on the solonoid it fires the pinion gear out properly.

Difficult to check on my own, but when i turn the key i can hear a click from the green relay in the boot that controls the starter solonoid. I also have continuity between said relay and the started solonoid.

I have run out of things to fault find now, can anyone shed some more light on this for me, as so far i have driven the car 30 miles in 8 months and now its broken again
Mr2_NA

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Car won't turn over

Post by Mr2_NA »

Standard....

Have you checked the fuses?

Imobiliser?
spoolfool

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Car won't turn over

Post by spoolfool »

+1 imobi

Return to “Mechanical”