Woodsport Rally car

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

PW@Woodsport

Re: Woodsport Rally car

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Another engine bay pic, you can see the chassis stiffeners/rollcage better in this shot...

DiYMCRT

Post by DiYMCRT »

thank you very much :thumleft: much appreciated

in that last picture it looks suspiciously like the distributor has an actuator and is definatly running a lumination controller i've checked with my two and it doesn't look a standard dizzy :-k

thanks again though for any help

regards chris
aw11rally

Post by aw11rally »

I spotted the vacuum unit on the dizzy too. Looks like it's been properly converted to carbs. Unlike the setup we had when we got our rally car, it was running the standard ignition and ecu but in service mode I.e. Fixed timing. Not ideal for low rpm!! Was fine over 4 or 5k though.

Personally I'd much rather go megajolt with a crank sensor and run dizzyless. Simple, reliable and easier to mess around with cam timing.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

im definitely interested in the fg bonnet :thumleft:
mk1alex

Post by mk1alex »

nice! matt black and a touch of that woodsport magic and your half way to the 222d replica that we all need to see.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

It's a good starting point to build a replica of one isn't it!
jnoiles

Post by jnoiles »

I'd be interested in some fiberglass doors and panels if the price was right. My doors weigh a ton!
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

No problem, i will be sorting out all of the FG stuff soon.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

She arrived today, it has had some excellent fabrication work carried out, especially to the rollcage and strengtheners, it's a real built for purpose car!

We gave it a run around the estate and it's got a limited slip diff for definate, the twin 45's sound amazing on full chat!
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

By golly i does seem like an interesting beast :)

What has been done to create the wide track Paul ?

Peter
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Have you got the mould for that vented bonnet too Paul? Even the Mrs approves so I guess I'll be having one of those too if possible.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Peter i haven't checked that out yet but i will do.

I've got moulds for every part of the car, including the bonnet vent by itself. Even got a mould for the back panel on the car which is also FG, there's no glass on the car, even the windscreen is perspex.

Just weighing up what to do with the whole lot now, i'm so busy it would be a shame to just let this sit in a corner so it might be up for sale, not even sure what to do with all of the moulds either!
Clarky_X

Post by Clarky_X »

Woo hoo, lush. Keep it Paul, or at least keep the moulds, seems to be a fair bit of interest in FG parts for racing.

I'm interested in tracking my car so you can lob some FG bits on when you do the 1MZ :wink:

What happened to its butt, looks like it has worms and draggin on the floor.

What's a 222D rep, or should I just google?
aw11rally

GRP

Post by aw11rally »

I'd be interested in FG bumpers, bonnet, boot, engine cover and front valance if you've got the moulds. If the moulds are cluttering up your workshop I'm sure I could look after them.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Any idea on how much it weighs? I'm guessing around the 800-850kg mark
stenky

Post by stenky »

would be interesting to have the panels in carbon fibre :D
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

I think i have all but decided to sell the car and i don't know what to do with the molds, i just haven't got the time to go racing, my days are packed with work and any time off i get is spent on my project car so i think she's going to have to go, if anyone fancies it drop me a PM.

I could be persuaded to part with the molds too i guess..... damn i wish 40 hr days existed!
jimi

Post by jimi »

Clarky_X wrote:

What's a 222D rep, or should I just google?

CLICKY
and
CLICKY 2

8)
MartG

Post by MartG »

I wonder if those panels would fit within the +10% body size rule of the MR2 Super GT series :-k
DiYMCRT

Post by DiYMCRT »

aw11rally wrote:I spotted the vacuum unit on the dizzy too. Looks like it's been properly converted to carbs. Unlike the setup we had when we got our rally car, it was running the standard ignition and ecu but in service mode I.e. Fixed timing. Not ideal for low rpm!! Was fine over 4 or 5k though.

Personally I'd much rather go megajolt with a crank sensor and run dizzyless. Simple, reliable and easier to mess around with cam timing.

Ross McKenzie might be his name :? he's a chap who ran a se7en with 3sge on twin 45's :thumleft: using a nissan dizzy but the dizzy he used he said had the coil intigrated within the dizzy and i spy a coil pack by the ignition controller :-k

i kinda want to go megajolt but they do a base map 3sge/gte they do a 4age i think but how applicaple this would be to a 3sge/gte i'm not sure

any ideas on which dizzy is in the pic peeps?

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”