Should i buy it...Rev3 Turbo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SWMark

Should i buy it...Rev3 Turbo

Post by SWMark »

Hi folks,

Is the value of a Rev 3 Turbo really that low these days? Ive found one that my cousins been to see, its trade and the partner went away with the keys. Apparently it runs like a dream, with just a Jap exhaust being the only engine mod. Also has a set of wheels. The bodywork is in excellent nick, they sent me 24 pictures all round and under the car and the arches and sills.

Trouble is its 4 hrs from me, and i need to send a 300 deposit to get it registered and secure the deal.

Its one of only two (both of which are miles away) that interests me.

The only two things im a little sceptical of, are the price (they said theyd take 2,700 but its a fresh import, and being Ex-Import gamer, i know that to get a nice Rev3 on 60k miles (which is what its on) your looking at £2500, unless they have really good contacts. So why is it so cheap?

And the other is obviously that i havent had a chance to drive it. So do i spend £120 going to view it, and my only day off a week, or do i spend £300 to secure it, and buy without driving it ?

Mark
g.lewarne

Re: Should i buy it...Rev3 Turbo

Post by g.lewarne »

before you consider doing anything i would ask that they make a video of the car being started from cold, and recording for at least a few minutes so you can hear the engine and see whats coming out of the exhaust.

even though its only 60k miles, it could still be fooked.
Slarty wrote:
it's just that we subscrible to the theory of hitting it harder until it works. Or something falls off, in which case you've hit it too hard.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

REV 3's are that cheap so I wouldn't be put off by the price.

SWMark wrote:
And the other is obviously that i havent had a chance to drive it. So do i spend £120 going to view it, and my only day off a week, or do i spend £300 to secure it, and buy without driving it ?

Mark

I certainly would never buy a car without seeing it.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
willfinch36

Post by willfinch36 »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:REV 3's are that cheap so I wouldn't be put off by the price.

SWMark wrote:

Mark

+1
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

willfinch36 wrote:
Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:REV 3's are that cheap so I wouldn't be put off by the price.

SWMark wrote:

Mark

+1

I've probably bought about a hundred cars without seeing them... :lol:
mattgt

Post by mattgt »

Mine was only £2400 with 80k, had - Tube manifold - Berk DP - Jap exhaust - Blitz SM intercooler and piping - Samcos - Iridium plugs - Kenwood headunit and all speakers upgraded and a few other odds and sods!

BUT it did have less than a months T&T.

This was 2 months ago.
1994 Astral Black Rev3 Turbo

HKS Induction > HKS SSQV > Greddy intercooler > Berk Downpipe > Blitz Nur-Spec> 2x Magic tree
SWMark

Post by SWMark »

I generally only buy fresh imports, because alot of people seem to use Normal unleaded or Super, instead of V-Power, which 'can' cause alot of wear and / or damage.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”