[Mk2] [NA] Wheel Suggestions for my MK2

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

kenai36

[Mk2] [NA] Wheel Suggestions for my MK2

Post by kenai36 »

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased my first MR2 which is a Silver Rev 5 non turbo, check out my garage for a pic. The car is amazing and the standard wheels arn't bad just fancy something a little bit extra but still tasteful.

Two questions really, what would you recommend wheel wise and also what tyres would be good to put on,

I've been looking at 17" TSW Jarama Black and Lenso D1R (and this one seems to be quite popular on MR2's but is multi fit and apparently thats a bit crap?) in Matt Black wheels so far, I'd post links but I'm not allowed to.

Also I'd probably buy them with the tyres from the same company to save messing about, would the bargain ones be adequate?

I've had a good look around the forum at previous posts but just wanted to know what you would recommend for my car?

Rich
SonicSW20

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Wheel Suggestions for my MK2

Post by SonicSW20 »

Budget?
kenai36

Post by kenai36 »

For a brand new set probably up to £600ish but ideally would like to get a quality set second hand.

The wheels on your car look great, something like that would be perfect.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Mine are just standard 15inch MR2 wheels diamond cut, they arent in the best condition, previous owner didnt keep on top of laquering them!

Keep an eye on ebay, some right bargains to be had - I saw a staggered set of 17inch Enkei RP01's go for £250! If you search for 'MR2 wheels', you generally don't get a lot, but the PCD (5x114.3) is the same for many japanese cars, so its worth just searching for 5 x 114.3, and seeing what comes up.

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk/tech/pcd/pcd.html

This is useful to find other manufacturers that use the same PCD - dont worry if the centre bore is larger, you can get spigot rings to make the centre bore the right size. If the centre bore is smaller, this can pose an issue - you can bore it out, but you run the risk of damaging the wheel.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I'd give Paul a ring. He has a nice set of Blitz Wheels for sale.

Tyres are probably gonna set you back about £300. A nice set of Toyo TR1s in 205/45/16 for the front and 225/45/16 for the rear.
kenai36

Post by kenai36 »

Thanks guys i'll keep a look out on ebay and I didn't even think about the different tyres sizes, good job I didn't get the same all the way around.
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

dazzz wrote:I'd give Paul a ring. He has a nice set of Blitz Wheels for sale.

Tyres are probably gonna set you back about £300. A nice set of Toyo TR1s in 205/45/16 for the front and 225/45/16 for the rear.

thanks dazzz :thumleft:
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

you can pick up Lenso D1r's on a staggard fitment in the 3 colours they have for £530 from some of the lenso dealers.
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

Pm S_A_Watt...he has a set of rims for sale with good tyres on them already :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”