Lauren's AE86. Pics on page 13.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

Re: Lauren's AE86. Pics on page 13.

Post by matt_mr2t »

Everyones different, if you can hack it you can hack it :thumleft:

I may be bought the BMW too early in life and have already adapted too well to all the creature comforts. I would feel seriously "bare" with anything less now :oops:
Marf

Post by Marf »

Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

I find the trick is variety.. I always have 2 cars on the go at one time.. one sensible(ish) and one fun car which I know will break down often but commands respect, goes like stink and is fun to drive :thumleft: I'd be seriously bored in a new beemer thats for sure!

I like older cars that have little quirks.. eg on my Fiat the window wipers only work on fast mode, or dont work at all if I use the wrong key in the ignition ( :? ) - annoying for some but I find it hilarious :thumleft:

Lauren will have a few issues with an 86, it may well break down but I'm sure she'll be expecting it.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Marf wrote:Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.saddler.co.uk/prodpics/ready ... _large.jpg

If not wanting a tinny 20 year old car with iffy heaters, no safety protection, not a lot of power, crappy radio, a boxy dash made out of coke bottles, a manual choke, seat material made of 'high quality' polyester, rattles, clunks, road noises, rust, hard to source parts and god knows what else makes me old then god damn it Marf I'm one old MoFo lol.

But, I dunno if you've looked around lately, there's a lot of young lads (chavs and pikeys mostly) wearing flat caps these days. The "flat cap brigade" aint what it used to be :wink:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Lauren wrote:
Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:
Lauren - I had a look on Driftworks last night and there are a few examples for sale if you scroll through the pages.. none of them were balls out drift cars, just nice cars with good mods that you would probably do anyway.. and significantly cheaper than £8k :thumleft:

Yep, aware of those that are for sale. It's always the way in that the same cars are up on a number of different forums.

Looks like we are going to use this one as a starting point:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2304173.htm

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/ ... 4173-6.jpg
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/ ... 4173-7.jpg

Alex is interested too, so we'll see. Think this car is a little overpriced at 7K as it's been at SVA for months.

thats about 10 miles down the road from me..
i know someone used to work there..
i can find out some info if you want..

let me know if ya coming down to view..
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:
I may be bought the BMW too early in life and have already adapted too well to all the creature comforts. I would feel seriously "bare" with anything less now :oops:

A BMW like yours is most certainly a nice place to be. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

pistol pete wrote:
thats about 10 miles down the road from me..
i know someone used to work there..
i can find out some info if you want..

let me know if ya coming down to view..

Ooh really? Will do Pete. :+: We are thinking of coming down on 12th March, Alex is organising it. Toni et al, are coming too by the looks of it. Could be a mini-meet? Would be good to catch up. :+:

If there is any info you can find out that would be much appreciated. I know this car has been knocking around since last December, so am thinking it's over-priced, but could for the right money be a good car.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

okay lauren.. i have text the guy... will let ya know what i hear back..

ill always meet up you know me..

are you doing a day round trip or staying somewhere

let me know
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I think we are going to stay at Toni's, Luton way. Tbh my mum is much nearer being Chislehurst, just to got to sort the details out.

Cheers for that. :+:
craig

Post by craig »

Marf wrote:Image

LOL Marf :lol:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I wanted an AE86 when I first started looking for cars I liked, couldnt find one or I wasnt looking in the right places. Then I realised the AW11 was the next best thing, but every one I looked at was rusty and then I ended up buying a SW20 :lol:

Still i'd love to have a go in an 86, think i'd feel a bit bad using one as a daily drive with the miles I do and they arent realy geared for motorway tho. 8-[

Maybe if my situation changes I can swap my 3SGTE into one :eye:

Gotta have some clasic jdm wheels, longchamps, watanabes, ssr etc tho =P~
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Lauren wrote:This one is close to perfection apart from the interior colour and digital dash:

http://www.neweraimports.com/Nebusis/pi ... s+++!!.pdf

Digital dash FTMFW, surely?! :D I note that one's had an aircon conversion to R134 as well... you rely on your aircon a lot in your daily don't you?
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Name the iconic 80's dash!

ANY petrol head should get this immediately.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Ashtray GTE 16v?
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Spot on.

I thought the Carlton also had a digital dash but cant seem to find any pics of them with them? I've been in a Carlton GSI but cant quite remember?!

I did find this though, I hate to say it, but I find things like this kinda cool - I was probably too young to remember these when new with adverts like this.

craig

Post by craig »

matt_mr2t wrote:Name the iconic 80's dash!

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_ima ... medium.jpg

ANY petrol head should get this immediately.

a popular mod with the Nova boys.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

ive only ever seen one once that wasnt at a meet/show/event, it was just parked in the street amongst a few relatively new everyday saloons, it had a really cool presence....
was totally mint as well...

i like em, not sure i £8k like em, lol, but still, sweet none the less.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

toxo wrote:
Digital dash FTMFW, surely?! :D I note that one's had an aircon conversion to R134 as well... you rely on your aircon a lot in your daily don't you?

Nope don't like the digi dash I'm afraid. I do like my aircon, yes. That one is at 11.5K though!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

How good is the aircon/heater likely to be on a car of that age Lauren?

It was crap on my MR2, took ages for the heaters to work and the aircon stopped working a few months after buying it, being the old gas I couldnt seem to find any one who knew what they were doing to fix it. :-k

I'd be weary about spending loads of extra money on one with aircon only to find out it hardly works.

I'd think about buying in the hottest of summer so you can give it a proper test out. In the winter you'll have no concept of whether or not it's working. I'm sure you've already thought of that though. :thumleft:
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

matt_mr2t wrote: In the winter you'll have no concept of whether or not it's working. I'm sure you've already thought of that though. :thumleft:

Very true. Same thing happened when we got our C-Class. Bought in November, didn't realise until April the aircon wasn't working. Was lucky to get it done under warranty, would've been £700 or so otherwise. :pale:

Return to “Member Profiles”