[FINALIZED] MKII Rev 3 GTS Turbo £1,600 (T-bar, Astral Black) *offers for repair or breaking

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Craigo

MKII Rev 3 GTS Turbo £1,600 (T-bar, Astral Black) *offers for repair or breaking

Post by Craigo »

Car Details:

Year: 1993
Model: Rev3 GTS Turbo T-Bar
Colour: Astral Black 202
Mileage: 83,000 Miles (verified by documentation)
Import Date: 2006
Ownership: Owned since May 2007

T&T: 6 months Tax and 12 months MOT

Price: £3,495

Reason for Sale:

I have recently moved to Bath from Manchester and living/working in such a
small city means I no longer have the need for a car.

Documents Available:

V5 Registration Document
Import Registration Certificate
Alarm Installation Certificate
Japanese Stamped Service Book
5 Year MOT History

Servicing:

Recent MOT included new front drop links and inner track rod ends, followed by four wheel alignment.

Full service undertaken by SBITS in May 2010. This included an oil change, timing check, new brake pads all round,
one new rear caliper, coolant check and top up etc.

Car has done less than 500 miles since.

Also serviced at Rogue which included the fitment of the AEM Gauges and EBC.

Oil and filter changes carried out by myself intermitently.

All receipts held.

Modifications

The car was dynoed at 280bhp and I would expect only an aftermarket
intercooler or chargecooler would be required to take the car over the 300bhp mark, plus maybe increasing the boost to 1.1/1.2bar.
Personally, I strove for reliability and have kept the mods sensible:

AEM Tru-Boost Electronic Boost Controller
AEM Digital 52mm Boost Gauge
AEM Digital Oil Pressure Gauge
Dual Pillar Gauge Pod

Apexi Air Filter
Blueflame Twin-Exit Exhaust
Blueflame Downpipe
Short Shift Gearbox Bearings by SBITS
Standard blow off valve modified atmospheric

GT Spec Retractable Mirrors
Greddy Sideskirts
Type P Rear Spats
Tinted T-Bar, Quarters and Rear Windows
Clear Lens Sidelights

KYB Super Struts
Lowered 40mm
18" Volk Artur Wheels with Falken 452 Tyres (lots of tread remaining on all 4)
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Stainless Steel Sparco Race Pedals
Omori Leather Steering Wheel
LED Instrument Cluster (OEM Style)
Stainless Steel Instrument Surrounds

Sony X-Plod CD Player
Kenwood Front Speakers
Sony Rear Speakers
Clifford Concept 650 Alarm with Proximity Alert
Strada Turbo Timer with Remote Start (No Remote)

Also got the original Tbar blinds, bags, flare and spare wheel

Bad Points:

Aerial not working

Fuel Gauge - When i installed the LED bulbs behind the instrument panel i must have knocked
the fuel gauge as a full tank shows as 50% full and an empty tank is off the scale. An easy
fix just not bothered me enought to do it yet.

Wheels - three are kerbed and need refurbing. Also I cannot guarantee authenticity. Some have
said they are Volks, others have said not...that's as honest as i can be!

New turbo:

For the detectives out there you may recall that the turbo on the car recently gave up the ghost due to a shattered exhaust turbine.
This is a common problem for CT20b turbos and their ceramic components.

The turbo has been replaced and the car is now boosting as normal. The original unit was refurbished
will all new internal bearings and steel shaft assembly by Universal Turbos in Bournemouth, with a 12 month
transferable warranty. SBITS only source their turbos from here i'm told. Also, all the necessary gaskets were replaced
and NOT reused - I have the receipts to prove this.

Also just had Toyota drop and replace coolant and vacuum check for leaks
of which there are none.

Car feels absolutely wonderful and my hands are shaking even just writing this thread. The fear of regret!!!

Test drives are considered at my discretion depending on whether i think you are serious about
buying the car or not.

Please PM with interest. Car is located in Bath.

Thanks

Craig

Last edited by Craigo on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Craigo

Re: [FINALIZED] MKII Rev 3 GTS Turbo £1,600 (T-bar, Astral Black) *offers for repair or breaking

Post by Craigo »

Craigo

Re: [FINALIZED] MKII Rev 3 GTS Turbo £1,600 (T-bar, Astral Black) *offers for repair or breaking

Post by Craigo »

Will accept offers around £3,300!
Craigo

Post by Craigo »

Cannot believe it...over the last 48 hours noticed that the car is smoking out of the exhaust. I have no idea what the cause is, although the car is running fine.

Will accept offers now for repair or breaking as I've just bought a motorcycle for the summer and can't afford to fix this.
Craigo

Post by Craigo »

Come on guys, nobody interested in a project or to make some money from breaking? Offers around £1,600 considered
fizz

Post by fizz »

will take the front bumper if breaking. :whistle:
Kitsan

Post by Kitsan »

Hi Craig. I'm also in Bath and am interested in buying to break or repair.

Can you PM me with you're absolute lowest you would take, if its close to my christmas bonus then I might drop over to see it.

Kit :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Craigo wrote:Cannot believe it...over the last 48 hours noticed that the car is smoking out of the exhaust. I have no idea what the cause is, although the car is running fine.

Will accept offers now for repair or breaking as I've just bought a motorcycle for the summer and can't afford to fix this.

How do you know you can't afford to fix it if you don't know what the problem is?
Craigo

Post by Craigo »

RedMR² wrote:
Craigo wrote:Cannot believe it...over the last 48 hours noticed that the car is smoking out of the exhaust. I have no idea what the cause is, although the car is running fine.

How do you know you can't afford to fix it if you don't know what the problem is?

Good question...I'm depressed with other things and, despite how much I love this car, it's a contributing factor at the moment. It's affected my relationship with my girlfriend as i spent close to 2 months replacing the turbo prior to christmas and no longer have the heart and soul to solve the latest problem. I just want to put it behind me and give it to someone
else who has the energy I no longer have.

How's that for a response! :cry:
Kitsan

Post by Kitsan »

If I come see the car this week, ill bring you a bag of haribo too mate :thumleft:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”