NFS Hot pursuit

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

NFS Hot pursuit

Post by craig »

Just been playing this lately, how it makes me laugh.

Let me set the scene....

Playing as SCPD cops in a lambo LP640 chasing some dude to bust him. All good so far...

He is in a ford mustang and pulled away from my lambo while I was using NOS. What the hell is that about?

#-o :lol:

Far fetched? :-k :lol:
thai boxer

Re: NFS Hot pursuit

Post by thai boxer »

Very!...but this is getting some damn good reviews! 9/10 in most places. Played 30mins of it last night over a mates, looks nice but dont like the way it handles!
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Look on the bright side. It could be a bunch of Lambo's racing Ferarri's around a track for 3 laps and then finishes.

IE GT & Forza.
James

Post by James »

thai boxer wrote:Played 30mins of it last night over a mates, looks nice but dont like the way it handles!

+1
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

I'd have bought this, if it ran a 60fps like most of the Burnout games 8)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

JohnnyC wrote:I'd have bought this, if it ran a 60fps like most of the Burnout games 8)

Would you then have played it and had a nerdgasm?
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

playing it at the mo... looking foward to a shoot out with ya craig..

its a good laught.. don't expect great handling or to be accurate its not a sim... its just a luagh.. if you take it as just thats its quite good fun
craig

Post by craig »

thai boxer wrote:Very!...but this is getting some damn good reviews! 9/10 in most places. Played 30mins of it last night over a mates, looks nice but dont like the way it handles!

Other thing I don't like is the way that you can't cancel the cut scenes when you acquire a new car and "SCPD update" and you have to wait till the singing starts on the title screen before you can press start etc.

Also, when you start a race/pursuit, you press A to skip and it takes ages to skip. =;
Last edited by craig on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Post by craig »

matt_mr2t wrote:Look on the bright side. It could be a bunch of Lambo's racing Ferarri's around a track for 3 laps and then finishes.

IE GT & Forza.

True I guess..
craig

Post by craig »

pistol pete wrote:playing it at the mo... looking foward to a shoot out with ya craig..

its a good laught.. don't expect great handling or to be accurate its not a sim... its just a luagh.. if you take it as just thats its quite good fun

Yeah I'd be up for that fella, I just love smashing yours and chrispy's records :lol:

Not a bad game by a long shot, just loads I'd change if I could.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

RedMR² wrote:
thai boxer wrote:Very!...but this is getting some damn good reviews! 9/10 in most places. Played 30mins of it last night over a mates, looks nice but dont like the way it handles!

Other thing I don't like is the way that you can't cancel the cut scenes when you acquire a new car and "SCPD update" and you have to wait till the singing starts on the title screen before you can press start etc.

Also, when you start a race/pursuit, you press A to skip and it takes ages to skip. =;

Yeah agreed mate! Cant believe you cant skip em! One of the first things I said to my mate was "you better be able to skip all this once you've watched it once!" ](*,)
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
craig

Post by craig »

thai boxer wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

Yeah agreed mate! Cant believe you cant skip em! One of the first things I said to my mate was "you better be able to skip all this once you've watched it once!" ](*,)

Yeah, I just sit there bashing A while yelling expletives at the screen :lol: :lol:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

the skipping is annoying...

looking forward to a match craig.. just been looking at your scores and i am aiming to take them back
had a great couple hours with chrispy yesterday
craig

Post by craig »

pistol pete wrote:the skipping is annoying...

looking forward to a match craig.. just been looking at your scores and i am aiming to take them back
had a great couple hours with chrispy yesterday

haha, when you're good enough fella :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looking forward to a match too, would have joined your invite but I was having a blast on Cod with a mate :thumleft:
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

Yeah I think we should get a gaming session on fairly shortly. Would be a laugh to EMP Craig all night ;)

Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
craig

Post by craig »

Chr15py wrote:Yeah I think we should get a gaming session on fairly shortly. Would be a laugh to EMP Craig all night ;)

Chris

"Chris, watch out for that road........oh crap sorry bout that mate" :mrgreen:
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

RedMR² wrote:
Chr15py wrote:Yeah I think we should get a gaming session on fairly shortly. Would be a laugh to EMP Craig all night ;)

Chris

"Craig is gonna win.....oh crap, Wrecked by Chris....AGAIN" ;)

Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
phipck

Post by phipck »

trying to switch my brain from GT5 to nfs is one of the hardest things ive done!

nfs hot persuit is certainly no sim! but ive played every nfs since "Road & Track Presents: The Need for Speed" back in 1994 so had to get this. I have to say that the graphics have continued to be considered as important and clearly the gameplay has indeed returned to its fore-fathers name sake, which im very happy with, but there are a few minor things that niggle as always.

1.drifting is far to easy and for too quick to innitiate. I would prefer if there was a little more road holding before the back end comes out.

2. some car details are incorrect, sometimes its the simple things like jumping into your favorite car only to find the air brake (Mclaren F1) has been programmed to be a spoiler like other more modern cars (audi tt). its small but important..... something that they managed to successfuly achieve in Need for Speed 2 SE without issue, so why not now?
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Chr15py wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

Chris

Chris

darn i missed this... will have to play you boys soon..
ranked up since last time we played chris
craig

Post by craig »

Chr15py wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

Chris

Chris

dream on buddy, spike strip deployin' chopper on yo ass!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Games Consoles”