[FINALIZED] 1992 Black T-Bar Rev2 Turbo 442bhp 360ft/lb Torque

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Whippett

1992 Black T-Bar Rev2 Turbo 442bhp 360ft/lb Torque

Post by Whippett »

My GT3071r was rebuilt by Garrett 3 months ago but there is something wrong with the bearing so it is going back for repair. I am advertising the car for sale to see if there is any interest in it before I put some of it back to standard to sell at a lower price. Obviously if anyone wants to buy it in it's current form then the turbo will be repaired and the car mapped.

1992 J-reg MR2 T-Bar GT Turbo
Approximately 90k miles

442bhp / 360ft/lbs torque @ 1.5 bar
12.00 Sec 1/4 mile achieved (See Timing Slip)

MOT til August 2011, Tax til December 2010

Please see my garage for full detailed spec as there is too much to list here http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php ... e&CID=2407

Highlights:
Berk Technologies GT3071r Turbo kit inc. 38mm Tial External Wastegate & Screamer Pipe
HKS SSQV BOV
Piper 272 High-Lift Camshafts
Link G3 5 Bar ECU with adjustable Boost from 1 Bar to 1.5Bar
Launch Control
Wolfkatz (Delphi) 870cc Injectors

Massive custom "Ar$e-Mount" Intercooler
Nitrous or Co2 Intercooler Spray with 5lb bottle (Currently filled with Nitrous, but Co2 is cheaper)

Chico-Raceworks HD Uprated CV Joints
RPS Max Paddle Clutch 399ft/lbs
Fidanza Flywheel

TEIN Superstreet Coilovers & Pillowball Top-Mounts
Cusco Front & Rear Strut-braces

Rogue Rev6 Low Rise Headlamps
MRD GTR Side-Skirts & Rear Spats (Genuine, fitted originally by MRD themselves)

Full Leather interior (from a Rev4/5 I believe)
Snap-Off Steering Wheel Boss
S2000 Push-Start Button
Speedhut EL Glow Dials

17" Team Dynamics Driftz Wheels, staggered 8"/9"

Toad Ai606 Alarm/immobiliser

History:
I have owned this car since May 2007, I bought it from Simmo490, original for sale thread here: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... erk+driftz

Shortly after the car developed a water leak and whilst on my way to Santa Pod, it overheated and blew the headgasket. It turns out it cracked the block as well. So this is when it all began, the engine was fully rebuild with a new rev2 block and the majority of the parts it has on it now. The build took 9 months in total with sourcing the parts, research and the build of the custom intercooler set-up. It was mapped on the Link G3 by Ryan. It has had many transformations in the time I've owned it, last year I went fully Rev3 head and manifolds with Piper 272 Camshafts, and together with the custom side-exit exhaust it made 442bhp, again mapped by Ryan.

Last October I went on a London Run with MR2OC, but I hadn't checked the oil (pure laziness & I mistake I won't make again!) and I killed the engine. I put it away over winter and had it fully rebuild again around March time. The only damage caused to the engine was a con-rod and the bearing. It also had a new crankshaft fitted as it had already been reground and a new Cometic head-gasket

When it was ready we road tested it and after only 15 minutes the turbo gave up! Obviously damaged by the lack of oil on it's previous outing, so that has been fully rebuilt by Garrett at a cost of £700, although something isn't quite right with the bearing so it is going back to them.

I've had to change the exhaust as no one would even entertain putting an MOT on it as it was just too loud, so that had been sold and a brand new replica Berk exhaust put on with a brand new genuine Berk Down-Pipe. The car has only just had brand new front discs and pads also.

Once the turbo is back on and repaired, the car could 'ideally' do with a remap, as the idle and slow-speed driving had become a bit lumpy after the exhaust change, bearing in mind I went from a 2 ft long system with virtually no back pressure to a full twin-exit system! I will be having the car remapped by Ryan regardless of whether the GT3071r or a CT26 goes back on.

It has also had a full respray in BLACK (yes, just pure black with nothing else in it) in September 2009 so the bodywork is mint, although the paint on one of the side-skirts has blown a little (see photo), this has already been rectified once so I don't know why it is only happening on one side?

In total I have spend over £16k on this in the last 3.5 years, but am now looking to buy my own place so it just has to go, combined with the bad luck I've had, I just have not used it at all this year. It really is a unique, sexy looking car, especially with the intercooler set-up and it's low stance!

I have a the original boot-lid with a Drift Wing attached which was on the car when it was fully resprayed, but this year I fancied a change and went for the spoilerless look, which I love but it's not to everyones taste. So for an additional £200 you can have the lid and spoiler included in the sale, just needs swapping over.

I am looking for an absolute minimum of £6,000 for the car once the turbo is sorted, if there is no interest then I will not be putting the GT3071r back on once it is repaired, I will be selling it. I have bought a mint CT26 which will take it's place. If this happens then the following parts will also be replaced with stock items.

Items being replaced:
Full turbo kit for CT26 and NEW XS-Power De-cat Down-Pipe
Tein Suspension for Stock Top-Mounts, Shocks & 40mm Lowering Springs
Rogue Headlamps for stock
870cc Injectors for stock Rev3 Injectors

I will then get the car mapped so I would expect to see around 300-320bhp.

Other items than will be removed and not replaced:
Intercooler Spray
Engine Lid Fan Kit with Polished Stainless Steel Shroud
Cusco Strut Braces
Drift Wing on Bootlid will be sold separately
Gas Ram Lifting kits, Bonnet, Bootlid and Engine Lid
Wideband Kit
A-Pillar Pod & Swoosh Gauges (although I will throw in some brand new gauges with the car)

So... IN SUMMARY

Car as it is now with the turbo repaired & a remap £6,000

Car after Xmas with parts exchanged or removed £4,000

The reason for this ad is to see if anyone will be interested in it as it is, as it is an absolute beast and would be a shame to go backwards with it after all the work I've put in, but I understand no one is paying this sort of money for these nowadays.

"IF" anyone is interested in it as it is, once the Turbo has been repaired, I would need a deposit BEFORE I put the turbo back on, otherwise the CT26 is going on.

Jets for NOS Intercooler Spray: :twisted:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thanks for Looking! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shmed

Re: [FINALIZED] 1992 Black T-Bar Rev2 Turbo 442bhp 360ft/lb Torque

Post by Shmed »

Want to swap the rear lights and panel for a stock rev 2 - seeing as you're returning it to standard :D
Whippett

Post by Whippett »

Er...no! Sorry :mrgreen:

...you could buy the whole car, swap the lights over, then sell it on? :wink:
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

I think there might be cheaper options out there to getting rev 3 lights :lol:

But good luck with the sale :thumleft:
Whippett

Post by Whippett »

Shmed wrote:I think there might be cheaper options out there to getting rev 3 lights :lol:

But good luck with the sale :thumleft:

LOL, maybe! :mrgreen:
Whippett

Post by Whippett »

Bump \:D/
StevenstonWullie

Post by StevenstonWullie »

Gorgeous mr2 if i could get rid of mine and if employment wasnt so uncertain id deffo buy it , prefer it with the wing on though ;)
Whippett

Post by Whippett »

StevenstonWullie wrote:...prefer it with the wing on though ;)

No problem! http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=143125
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”