New Very Happy MR2 Owner

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lee-mr2

New Very Happy MR2 Owner

Post by Lee-mr2 »

Hi All
Just thought i'd say hi & introduce myself as a new club member
Very recently just brought myself a MR2 T-bar 1995 Mreg.

So far very very pleased. :D .
Few little things I want to do to it before next summer.

At the moment she's washed, polished and tucked away out of the weather for the winter. Will give me plenty of time to do the bits i'd like to do.

Image[/img]
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: New Very Happy MR2 Owner

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looks very nice mate!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

are those skirts ebruni???? i have a set identical to go on and i'm told that's what they are, very tidy motor mate, really like that look, is it a tubby or n/a??? noticed the tubby engine lid, good luck with it anyway and welcome to the club :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Lee-mr2

Post by Lee-mr2 »

Hi Sheppy,
To be honest im not sure what body kit it is. Im very new to the MR2 world :oops: but so far loving it.
I have been told its the Gready bodykit or something like that.
It is the N/A but did kinda guess it was the tubby bonnet.
I only got the car last week purely by chance. Seen it on ebay and as it was only round the corner from where I live I went to have a look and fell in love with it straight away :D .
The car does seem to be all good though, Nice fat history file with it.
Im going to give it a real good service whilst she's tucked away for the winter lol. Need to sort the bits & pieces out for that.
It has got 'IMOC' decals on the side & rear windows so im kinda hoping someone recognizes the car soon and can tell me more about its history as im told the previous owner took it to quite a few of the MR2 shows.
Im not really sure where to post a pic tho so everyone can see it so hopefully someone says 'Hey that used to be my motor' lol.
Anyway, Thanks for the warm welcome.
Lee
P.S. Its a 1995 'M'. Could someone tell me what 'Rev' it is? as im very unsure. Cheers.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

hi mate, just read on another post that the skirts are MRD skirts, and it's a rev 3 mate, with a tubby engine lid :thumleft: :thumleft:

very tidy :thumleft:
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

welcome to imoc 8)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Is that Steve's old car?
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Lee-mr2

Post by Lee-mr2 »

Hi Toxo
Ive no idea but apparently it was swapped for a 200SX?
Would be cool if it is recognized so I could maybe get to find out more about the cars history.
craig

Post by craig »

Welcome to IMOC buddy. Nice car :thumleft:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Lee-mr2 wrote:Hi Toxo
Ive no idea but apparently it was swapped for a 200SX?
Would be cool if it is recognized so I could maybe get to find out more about the cars history.

Yes then :thumleft: They are Phoenix Power skirts BTW, cost a fortune imported from the states if I remember correctly.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Worthers

Post by Worthers »

Yep That's my old Baby!
I am Spartacus

Post by I am Spartacus »

They are genuine phoenixs power skirts and phoenixs power style rear spats
Worthers

Post by Worthers »

Yes Genuine Phoenix Power Skirts cost $1049.00 new from US & Bomex replica rear Spats, all fitted & blended in by myself at the side of the road!

I hope you have as much fun as I did with the car Lee, it's a good one \:D/
I am Spartacus

Post by I am Spartacus »

Pp spats lol
Worthers

Post by Worthers »

I am Spartacus wrote:Pp spats lol

No mate, Bomex - it was my car, I purchased the Spats & Fitted them myself, got them from Comstyle - http://www.comstyle.co.uk/parts.htm
I am Spartacus

Post by I am Spartacus »

They have labeled them wrong then I had some years ago find me a pic of some genuine ones or you could search mad psi.net for phoenixs power :wink:
Worthers

Post by Worthers »

I am Spartacus wrote:They have labeled them wrong then I had some years ago find me a pic of some genuine ones or you could search mad psi.net for phoenix power :wink:

Fair do's, just going on what they said, took me ages to decide on what kit to fit then another 3 months to source the Skirts as wouldn't of fitted anything else once my mind was made up after seeing this combo on Graeme Souter's Tubby, it worked perfectly with the Spats/Skirts which now makes sense both being PP, I'm not a brand person but just know what looks good to me, was also going to fit Bomex front bumper which I purchased, but then decided it was too much hassle (48 Bolts) so sold it knowing that by that point I was going to part with the car as wanted a new/quicker more exciting toy for next years show/track session, that said not seen my S14A for a few weeks as it's been in workshop since I brought it having loads of stuff done & lots of money spent on it.... I loved the looks of the 2, but just find them too skittish at high speed down country roads, hit a pot hole & end up the other side of the road type of thing, started p1$$ing me off when I did weekends away too as had to leave the 2 at home as didn't wanna do the long journeys in it & wasn't enough room in it for hols etc...

I know Lee will love the car & look after it by sound of things & have PM'd him a few bits of info on what needs doing, didn't tell him that it was written off & rebuilt yet... :-$ only joking mate!! lol
mark2

A very unhappy MR2 owner

Post by mark2 »

I see you've been on IMOC Sheppy so why haven't you contacted me regards the rear calipers I've paid you for through paypal?????
please refund my money or post the goods :!: :!: :!:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

ok mate, i've emailed you and replied to your message on facebook, ther'es no need to try and make me look like a dick on here.

Return to “Member Profiles”