Kent Coast run sunday 26th sept.. the original and best

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

unowho

Re: Kent Coast run sunday 26th sept.. the original and best

Post by unowho »

Tiamat wrote:I am going to have to pull out of this, have not been well all week and collapsing in Tescos this afternoon means no driving for a little while.

OMG!!! :( well hope you feel better soon :)

Think there a few from Drivers Club too :-s
Proud Mk2 owner
Whippett

Post by Whippett »

Whippett wrote:That's plenty enough for me to make an appearance! When I said poor turn-out I meant like 3 or 4!

I'm gettings my fronts brakes done today, so as long as there are no complications with that (which there always are when it comes to my car) then I will definately be there, I will confirm before Sunday.

:thumleft:

...and right on cue, my car has gone wrong. I am SOOOOO pi$$ed off right now. I had the pads changed, and upon driving home, something was wrong, either my caliper is binding or my disc is seriously warped, NSF disc is red hot and smoking after driving home.

I am now working tomorrow and Saturday so am not going to be able to sort this so have to pull out. So not happy, was really looking forward to this Sunday, would have been the first time I would have used the car THIS YEAR! Killed the engine last October, so took it off the road all winter, had a full engine rebuild, then when I picked it up to road test it, the bearing in the turbo collapsed, so £700 for a turbo rebuild at Garrett. Then get that sorted, MOT had run out, the side-exit I had was too loud to pass an MOT so had to get a new exhaust, just had that done, now this. So so so so annoyed/angry.

£1,598 spent on it this year, and all I've done is drive it to and from garages.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Pete J

Post by Pete J »

Gonna try and pop along in the Roadster..

It's Very low at the front so I'm concerned about Speed humps.. Are there any en route?
Whippett

Post by Whippett »

I think there's 2 or 3 lots going into Eureka Park where you are all meeting
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Pete J wrote:Gonna try and pop along in the Roadster..

It's Very low at the front so I'm concerned about Speed humps.. Are there any en route?

yeah thats all is speed humps where we meet.. but there is a car park just before you can park in....
Whippett

Post by Whippett »

How was it? Did the rain affect play?
Bry

Post by Bry »

Whippett wrote:How was it? Did the rain affect play?

Was very lucky with the rain, it only really came down hard on the drive home. The run was excellent ,I really had a great time and I sure every one else did, well nearly everyone, I told my mate with the mk1 s/c that we were all going for a nice gentle run in the countryside :whistle: His first words to me after getting out of his car on the 1st leg of the run were "you b*****d" :twisted:
Can't wait for more meets like that, much better than the static meets. As usual the mk1's really come into their own on the tight and twisties and was a pleasure to sit behind them and see them do what they do best. The mk2's especially the turbo's had their work cut out today with the damp conditions but still impress me with the grip and grunt they have. The focus ST did not even look like it was trying :lol: unlike the mg/180 which I swear was being driven by the Stig :lol: I think at one point it got some air :lol:
Watch out OZ here I come !!
tarmac terrorist

Post by tarmac terrorist »

gutted i couldnt do this but glad it was a good day for you :thumleft: next year will be hitting the shows & drives hard a bry :thumleft:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

thanks to everyone that came along.. really enjoyed the day..

i was thinking of making this the last year but with everyone enjoying it so much..

next year will be better.. changing the route slightly.. (not by much though)
and slightly earlier in the year and a start time of 11.30 instead of 12.30 for better time for fish and chips....

as for the st.... i could not believe how much more it did have to give.. first time i had driven it properly like that.. great fun car..
and well pleased how well bens MG done.. think it surprised a few people..

again thanks everyone for coming... sorry we gt stuck behind a few really slow people and the rain but canot be helped....

see ya next year...
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Bry

Post by Bry »

tarmac terrorist wrote:gutted i couldnt do this but glad it was a good day for you :thumleft: next year will be hitting the shows & drives hard a bry :thumleft:

You missed a good one mate, you would have loved it 8)
Ben

Post by Ben »

Bry wrote:The focus ST did not even look like it was trying :lol: unlike the mg/180 which I swear was being driven by the Stig :lol: I think at one point it got some air :lol:

:whistle:

Gotta admit I was very pleased with how the MG fared, I've been getting a bit bored of it of late so it was good to be reminded just how well it handles :lol:

Big thanks to Pete for organising, it really was an excellent run and I'd recommend it to anyone :thumleft: :clap:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Bry

Post by Bry »

I certainly had a laugh following you :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Those Focus ST's really is a quick car point to point. They take every bump and bad camber in their stride s while they may not have outright power, they can put what they have on the road at almost all times.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

matt_mr2t wrote:Those Focus ST's really is a quick car point to point. They take every bump and bad camber in their stride s while they may not have outright power, they can put what they have on the road at almost all times.

indeed but add the mongoose exhuast, eibach lowering springs (and pretty sure this one has been chipped) it certainly becomes a little weapon with and excellent sound track to match...
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I wouldnt do anything other than a chip on those tbh as they're really nice to drive standard and sound great too.

Although one thing I will say, you know you're covering ground very quickly in them, you have no real clue as to how. It all feels a little remote controlled. I'm sure you'd get used to it, but it felt a bit odd to me when I driving one. Could be that you're sat 87 feet off the floor with the silly chair position.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

each are different..
i love the seating position...
and with the sports steering on too..

also the spring i think just give it a difference stance..
i know what standard sounds like and the mongoos is not loud it just gives it a little bit better sounds with some great pops and bangs on overrun..

i know what you mean about covering a lot of ground quickly...
:thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

It's a little bit eary the way it covers ground. You dont feel the need to back off any where really.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

many thanks to alan C for the pics

Return to “Past Events”