What are they worth?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Aitch

What are they worth?

Post by Aitch »

My Mk1 T-bar has been off the road, stored in my garage, for a couple of years and I've finally got it all up and running again. However, I've just bought another property and funds are a bit tight, so I could really do with selling it. I'm quite happy to renew my premium membership (it lapsed a couple of years ago) so I can advertise it here, but the problem is that I haven't a clue how much to advertise it for ](*,)

It's a 1988 with Northern Irish plate to disguise the age, 140k on the clock (with history) and pretty much standard, save for some enkei alloys and an induction kit. There is little body rust but the rear wings aren't painted brilliantly, if I'm honest.

Looking at other for sale ads doesn't give me much of an idea, because of the range of prices #-o

Any ideas folks?
squariel

Re: What are they worth?

Post by squariel »

well i paid £900 for mine.
120k on the clock
minor rust in arches.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

with an mot and tax... I'd say somewhere between £500 and £1000, depending on condition.

given that this
http://tinyurl.com/2b6xczt
went for just under £1300, and was pretty much mint..

( and yes, I know it was Cat C, but hardly damaged...)

really depends on those rear arches...
Jim-SR

Post by Jim-SR »

anything from £800-1200 id say, depends what someone wants to pay for it.

if you give it a really good clean and polish and get it looking as mint as you can then you never know.

i paid £1200 for a 120k miler, one owner since new, with slightly fading red paint and a few dodgy touch ups here and there, and minor rust in the usual places (plus a few previous repairs). the one owner since new probably added £200 to the value though. and that was 18 months ago.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Cheers for the replies - it gives me an idea of where to pitch it at least 8)
Kooga

Post by Kooga »

I struggled to get £1500 for mine and it was a 70k late model t bar with new wheels/tyres/wings/bumper bar/arches/suspension/brakes, top end engine rebuild, leather interior, SS exhaust, new MOT and tax. Had a little bit of rust above the screen, but otherwise very good.
WeirdNeville

Post by WeirdNeville »

Sounds like a grands worth to me, depending on the extent of the rust. Get it a full years MOT and polish it up for sale. I got good reponses from this ad on a sister site.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”