MR2Jay - Rev2 SMG Tubby Conversion

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2jay

MR2Jay - Rev2 SMG Tubby Conversion

Post by mr2jay »

Hey,

Some of you probably already know me from across the border (MR2OC) but I have decided that I would benefit from being on both sides of the fence.

Been into MR2's for 2 years now, gradually building my knowledge and experience to the point I am at now.

My current car/project is a SMG Revision 2 G-Limited that I have bought to realise my full project and convert to a Rev 2 tubby using the engine I have currently installed in another car. The engine is to be dropped over the next few weeks to be put up onto a stand, stripped right back and rebuilt using upgraded products to hopefully reach about 280BHP once finished.

I am not about huge numbers or 0-60 times, I am after a powerful car that can be used as a daily hack if needs be. I want her to look good, go well and be reliable, hence the not too outrageous figures.

Bodywork wise she is completely standard for the moment but the plan is to fit a Tom's Rear, Aeroware spoiler, Tom's skirts with carbon fibre winglets, an Aeroware front lip and clear Rev 3 rear lights with a Carbon Fibre centre panel.

So, here she is - plenty of work to come yet :whistle:

fizz

Re: MR2Jay - Rev2 SMG Tubby Conversion

Post by fizz »

Welcome matey.. very clean original looking tubby there! :thumleft:

Once you go turbo there is no going back! As i know from my own downfall from Tubby to NA.. ](*,)
mr2jay

Post by mr2jay »

Cheers Fizz - Shinny is looking after your old Carribean Blue OK :wink:

At the moment, she is a N/A car but I have a car I have already converted to turbo coming to me today for a full rebuild before converting this one into the good old Darkside.............

Truth is I can't wait but I have to be patient - it'll be worth it in the long run \:D/
fizz

Post by fizz »

ahh yes.. Shinny has it at the mo... I was an inch from buying it back from Dan myself before he told me he had sold it to Shinny! 8-[

So he is on the MR2OC forums then.. you will have to point me in the direction of a thread with some pics of it man!

Back to your darkside callings... as you say you wont be able to play on the limits as easy as the NA thats for sure. Ive had 2 rev 3 tubbies now and im now on a NA and in all honesty the NA is more fun to throw the back end out and catch it with ease. The down side is though is power as it feels like yoru driving a broken tubby! :lol:

Return to “Member Profiles”