feedbakc for tgt mapping?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Sksy

feedbakc for tgt mapping?

Post by Sksy »

my mate owns a gt4 with a gt2871r and a motec ecu, he is trying to get some feedback from people who have had their 3sgte mapped by TGT but no one on the gt4 owners club has.

can any of you guys give some feedback?
what power you running?
what ecu?
how long has your car been runnning since mapped?
overall experience?
etc

cheers
Spitelli

TGT Mapping

Post by Spitelli »

I have a 600bhp mk2 all built serviced and maintained at TGT.

My car has been rebuilt and upgraded on everything from the ground up on site in their workshop and I welcome any member to visit and take a look at my car, ask me or the guys questions or even get in touch as I'll happily take you for a drive.

My spec list is massive but to answer your question I have a Link G3 ECU that James and Lee mapped together with a combination of rolling road and road conditions.

I'm more than likely the 'pickiest' customer they will ever have yet they have thoroughly exceeded my expectations both in terms of requirement and performance...

Better still, they know it is capable of more to improve the power delivery and driving experience should I wish to move on but right now I need to relearn how the car feels as it is very different to the 400bhp I'd gotten used to.

So when it comes to Mapping and Toyota... you're in safe hands I assure you :thumleft:
greeny

Re: feedbakc for tgt mapping?

Post by greeny »

When did James become a mapper?

I thought they contracted it out?
Sksy

Re: TGT Mapping

Post by Sksy »

Spitelli wrote:I have a 600bhp mk2 all built serviced and maintained at TGT.

My car has been rebuilt and upgraded on everything from the ground up on site in their workshop and I welcome any member to visit and take a look at my car, ask me or the guys questions or even get in touch as I'll happily take you for a drive.

My spec list is massive but to answer your question I have a Link G3 ECU that James and Lee mapped together with a combination of rolling road and road conditions.

I'm more than likely the 'pickiest' customer they will ever have yet they have thoroughly exceeded my expectations both in terms of requirement and performance...

Better still, they know it is capable of more to improve the power delivery and driving experience should I wish to move on but right now I need to relearn how the car feels as it is very different to the 400bhp I'd gotten used to.

So when it comes to Mapping and Toyota... you're in safe hands I assure you :thumleft:

hello mate, thanks for the info, your car sounds like an animal! how long has your car been running since they mapped the car?

Cheers
Sksy

Post by Sksy »

any others on here used them for mapping?

Cheers
Spitelli

Post by Spitelli »

greeny wrote:When did James become a mapper?

I thought they contracted it out?

Now they do it themselves 8)
Spitelli

Post by Spitelli »

Sksy wrote:
Spitelli wrote:I have a 600bhp mk2 all built serviced and maintained at TGT.

hello mate, thanks for the info, your car sounds like an animal! how long has your car been running since they mapped the car?

Cheers

Several months but we continue to develop the car so tweeks and setups are made regulalry.

TGT are only new to mapping as their own service. James and his team have always understood the science and maintained knowledge of its principles by testing the s'ware, tools and vehicle capabilities on a regular basis.

After all, it's no "dark art" so it will take time for them to be recognised for this service and if my experience is anything to go by they are on to a winner.
RST

Post by RST »

Is your mate on the http://www.gt4oc.net/ forum? I left it recently when I sold my '205 but I thought TGT had a good rep on there. They also seem to like a particular trader which is banned on here (not mentioning the name) -otherwise it all looked like similar mappers and shops to those the MR2 guys use engine wise.
greeny

Post by greeny »

Spitelli wrote:

TGT are only new to mapping as their own service. James and his team have always understood the science and maintained knowledge of its principles by testing the s'ware, tools and vehicle capabilities on a regular basis.

Good luck to them.

Its one thing understanding it, its another to put it into practice. :mrgreen:
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

Agreed Greeny!
If its motec either dave rowe of adrian
Costs less too with a pro doing it, because its done once!!!
Built by YVS Performance
Every car that leaves runs 2 bar+
Spitelli

Post by Spitelli »

Andy F wrote:Agreed Greeny!
If its motec either dave rowe of adrian
Costs less too with a pro doing it, because its done once!!!

The changes are being made as I've had machining work done and trialled numerous mod options.

I see what you are saying though, but even Dave Rowe had to start somewhere...
Last edited by Spitelli on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spitelli

Post by Spitelli »

greeny wrote:
Spitelli wrote:

Good luck to them.

Its one thing understanding it, its another to put it into practice. :mrgreen:

Hey mate, hope you're well.

They are putting it into practice and not just on my car :thumleft:

The proof is in the drive dude \:D/

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”