Oil Cooler Pipe Replacement

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AndyA

Oil Cooler Pipe Replacement

Post by AndyA »

Was in the process of changing my oil earlier today when I noticed that the pipes to the oil cooler are looking particularly ropey - the lower one actually appears to be dampm with oil to the touch.

I vaguely remember a post a while back with someone (possibly Jimi?) saying they had managed to buy some 'off the roll' somewhere and had also used a different type of clip, but can't find the post now :(

Want to replace these before I re-fill with new oil and don't really fancy buying from MrT [-(

Cheers, Andy
kaiowas

Re: Oil Cooler Pipe Replacement

Post by kaiowas »

I just measured the ID of the old pipe and got some from Halfords. Can't remember the size and it can probably be got cheaper elsewhere but it was convenient.

It's also worth checking that the oil isn't dripping onto the pipes from higher up as they tend to catch drips from the distributor O ring if that is leaking (which it often is)
AndyA

Post by AndyA »

The pipes felt quite hard with no 'give', so am guessing they are ripe for replacement... Will see if I can check the dizzy ring as well though.

Do you remember what clips you used? Would Jubilee clips be a better option?
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Yeah I just used jubilee clips
AndyA

Post by AndyA »

Will look into Halfords option :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”