[Mk2] [Turbo] Phoenix Power Intercooler

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

adam3442

[Mk2] [Turbo] Phoenix Power Intercooler

Post by adam3442 »

Can anybody give me an idea of what these are worth without the two top hoses? Still has the bolt on bottom pipe, bracket and fan holder.

Wasn't sure where to post this so please move to the correct place if this is wrong - thanks.

Cheers,

Adam
tubby_tony

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Phoenix Power Intercooler

Post by tubby_tony »

It is only the two silicone hoses from the top hard pipe that goes between intercooler and throttle body you are saying you are missing? If it is you can get one humped hose (intrcooler end) and one straight hose for approx £20 for the two from SFS performance hosing.

I dont mind people knowing I paid £750 for my 2nd hand PP intercooler, hard pipes and Greddy BOV. No silicone hoses included. That was about 5 years ago. By the time i bought hoses, a puller fan and fabricated a shroud you could probably add another £100+ to that. Excellent peice of kit but personally I would probably look at a Radtec chargecooler for that price now.
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

Cheers for the reply mate..

I have two PP intercoolers this one missing the top metal pipework but still has the bolt on bottom to top pipe and one complete PP IC kit on my own car.

I was going to sell the one that's missing bits but didn't know its value and whether it was worth me having the pipes made up.

I don't really want to as I have more than enough projects to juggle as it is, but if its worth next to nothing with pipes missing then I might.
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

As a price guide, there is a company near newcastle called AAS that was going to make me a stainless steel 3" rolled mid section for my Fujitsubo exhaust system for £180. You have seen the bends in that. I would not expect that top hard pipe to cost that amount and the demand for these intercoolers is high and therefore probably worth the effort to make some money. I could pop in and show them my PP hard pipe and get you a price.
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

Thanks for the heads up Tony.. Oddly enough I have managed to track down one of the hoses, so I think I'll have a local fabricator copy one of the pipes from my PP kit and then sell this one complete.

Thanks for your help :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”