[FINALIZED] 1993 Red Rev3 GT Turbo T-bar

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

branty

1993 Red Rev3 GT Turbo T-bar

Post by branty »

For sale is my immaculate 3E5 red mr2 turbo rev 3. This car has been my pride and joy since ownership and has been lovingly looked after and will be greatly missed. Recent move into a flat with a communal shop car park and lack of funds after the move means i regretfully have to give up my car. to be honest i couldnt bear it if it gathered car park dents in a communal car park!

The car has lots of service history with the bulk of the work being carried out by Toyota GT (3s service centre) which me and the previous owner used.

The car has covered 50,000 approximately (just under but not by much!) with the clocks showing 59,000 with documentation from the company that converted it to mph showing the deduction of just over 9000 to get the true mileage.

MOT runs out march 2011 tax runs out october 2010. This car really is immaculate inside and out and has no expense spared on maintaining it including cleaning and polishing at least once a week.

Spec includes:

Wheels and tyres:
Rota Boost Lightweight series 215/40/R17 front 235/40/R17 rear Falken 452's all round (nearly new).

Engine and Drivetrain:

Turbo technics stage 1 hybrid turbo
Apexi power fc with hand commander (mapped by ryan @ 2bar)
Greddy side mount intercooler
Blitz SUS induction
Apexi BOV
Blitz Dual Solenoid Electronic Boost Controller
Exedy stage one clutch
Japspeed exhaust
Blitz decat
cold grade NGK iridium plugs
Catch can Ventilation kit
MPH converion and delimited.

Chassis & Suspension:

BC fully adjustable coilovers
uprated front and rear strut braces.

Interior and exterior:

Nardi steering wheel (from TRD no.1)
man in dandism mats
carbon fibre gear surround
aftermarket boost guage
kenwood head unit with kenwood 6x9's and amp with adjustable bass control and ipod connection.

Also the car has fairly recent new disks and yellow stuff pads.

Im asking £4000 no offers due to the immaculate condition low mileage and the fact its worth every penny! if you disagree please keep your comments to yourself as you drive the price of everyones mr2 down! any question please dont hesitate to contact me. pm is probably best.

thanks for looking!
branty

Re: [FINALIZED] 1993 Red Rev3 GT Turbo T-bar

Post by branty »

Forgot to mention it made 298.8bhp which in my opinion is about as high as you can go before they become unusable for everyday driving.
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

Nooo, don't sell it :(

Can vouch for this being utterly stunning.

Good luck with the sale mate, I would be the first there with the money if I didn't already have 3 cars on the driveway :( :thumleft:
branty

Post by branty »

i know mate, part of me really doesnt want it to go. absolutely love this car! hopefully ill have a big win on a scratch card or something and ill rent a garage until i get some better diggs. im surprised you dont have more mate i dont think ive ever seen the same car on your driveway twice!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

branty wrote:i know mate, part of me really doesnt want it to go. absolutely love this car! hopefully ill have a big win on a scratch card or something and ill rent a garage until i get some better diggs. im surprised you dont have more mate i dont think ive ever seen the same car on your driveway twice!

I pay about £7 and a bit quite a week, or usually just pay a lump of £40 a month to rent a garage from the council. Have you investigated?

Looks in lovely condition, why has it got no badges on it?
craig

Post by craig »

matt_mr2t wrote:

erm, debadged matt? Oh and it has got a badge on the front bumper :wink:
branty

Post by branty »

I did think about renting a garage, tbh i didnt realise it was that cheap! unfortunately theres also the financial side of it whereas another bill at the end of the month is the last thing i need at the moment. The reason it has been debadged i guess is could it looks awesome :thumleft: much better than the plastic raised letters imo. thanks for the comments guy! :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

RedMR² wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

Never seen one so comprehensively de-badged before, no side stickers, no boot lid badges, no MR2 between the reverse lights. I wondered if it had been re-sprayed as the paint is in outstanding condition from the photo's.
branty

Post by branty »

tbh alot of the debadging was done prior to my ownership. the car has been resprayed under my ownership to get rid of the slowly fading 2 pack 3e5 red paint, i would not own a pink mr2! the paint was replaced with the same 3e5 red but now is water based and lacquered as you cant use the old style 2 pack apparently, the good thing about this is the red on my mr2 will never fade as it has lots of layers of paint and lots of lacquer! you can get the side stickers for a couple of quid but leaving them off suits the car imo as the rest is debadged. the paint work was carried out by uk assistance and as you can see is superb :thumleft:

cheers

Steve
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

branty wrote:tbh alot of the debadging was done prior to my ownership. the car has been resprayed under my ownership to get rid of the slowly fading 2 pack 3e5 red paint, i would not own a pink mr2! the paint was replaced with the same 3e5 red but now is water based and lacquered as you cant use the old style 2 pack apparently, the good thing about this is the red on my mr2 will never fade as it has lots of layers of paint and lots of lacquer! you can get the side stickers for a couple of quid but leaving them off suits the car imo as the rest is debadged. the paint work was carried out by uk assistance and as you can see is superb :thumleft:

cheers

Steve

You should have mentioned that in the first place, good selling point on a red car IMO :thumleft:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

matt_mr2t wrote:
RedMR² wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

Never seen one so comprehensively de-badged before, no side stickers, no boot lid badges, no MR2 between the reverse lights. I wondered if it had been re-sprayed as the paint is in outstanding condition from the photo's.

Check my profile out buddy. In the right colour, it's a simple and VERY effective mod!

Suits this car too!

B
branty

Post by branty »

Thanks for your comments guys i would take £3600 for the car without the power fc. will still be one of the best youll see and at the same price everyone else has theres up for.
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Like it! Slapped my current car on Autotrader today so will see what happens...
branty

Post by branty »

ok guys i have had the power fc off now so will be offering the car at £3600. with the reduction in price you could get a power fc if you wished. I had the power fc removed by Toyota GT and they said the only difference between the standard ecu and the power fc will be about 10bhp top end on high boost. I only ever drive the car on low boost anyway and thats quick enough to see off most cars youll see on the road. a few questions i have been asked by pm:

The car has never been smoked in (me and prev owner none smokers)
cambelt done at 25,000 (car has 50,000 now)
t-bar does not leak, is well maintained with silicone lubricant (halfords 3 in 1)
car returns 30+ mpg on a run easily! used 1/4 of a tank doing 100miles on the motorway recently.

Thanks

Steve
Rubber Chicken

Post by Rubber Chicken »

oooo it's so pretty! Red- Fastest!!!
branty

Post by branty »

Fastest colour by far! Adds at least 10bhp!
Rubber Chicken

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Ha defo! Only colour you can get caught for speeding when you're actually parked up!
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

10bhp from the Apexi PowerFC? :neutral:

Don't tell me they said they will "throw it away for you" too did they? =;
3S Service Centre

Post by 3S Service Centre »

[quote="Cliff"]10bhp from the Apexi PowerFC? :neutral: ]

why the question mark and stupid face cliff? Looking to by this car or stir up trouble???

We have known this car for years and unlike you know best how to advise the owner.

[Don't tell me they said they will "throw it away for you" too did they?
=;]

Again why dont you share some genuine interest in the car rather than pulling stupid faces and raising points that have no concern of yours.

Good luck with the sale Steve, See you Tuesday and dont be put of by low lifes trying to bring down the tone of your sales thread.

:thumleft:
Last edited by 3S Service Centre on Tue May 04, 2010 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
james13009

Post by james13009 »

Cracking car btw, If this 6 months ago I would have snapped it up at that price.

On the power fc, is it for sale seperatly Im only down the road in camberley and could collect if it is :pray:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”